Discuss SBS Trade consumer units in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Does the 4500 in the box mean only 4.5kA breaking capacity ? That's "rather low" compared to the normal 6kA and occasionally 10kA found on other makes.
Screenshot_20240403_205838_Gallery.jpg

This is often what happens when you buy these bespoke products and they go out of business, you are stuck. Unless someone takes over the brand you are going to have difficulty proving compatibility.
Not so much bespoke, more "snall vendor". Mind you, the big vendors leave you in the same position when they change ranges - the cynics might think deliberately to obsolete installed systems.

Not so much bespoke, more "snall vendor". Mind you, the big vendors leave you in the same position when they change ranges - the cynics might think deliberately to obsolete installed systems.
Small vendor or bespoke it makes little difference it was a gamble to use their products and not face fallout in the long run. Of course the prominent brands chop and change with no backward compatibility but there is availability to some extent and the odd brand do maintain compatibility/availability. Schneider took over Merlin Gerin and Square D and to their credit still provide compatible parts. Given the choice of using SBS products it would not even be considered because the nature of the product and it's uniqueness it would not have been a viable option.

Getting back to the point in hand; Live have a range of RCBOs in their catalogue which are intended for use with dual busbars, but no sign of a dual busbar for use in any of their enclosures and there is no availability of these RCBOs worldwide. This all seems rather odd.
I strongly suspect that 'Live' really just re-brand some supplier who makes a lot more for the EU market, maybe they are listed as they got UK certification/testing done for SBS, or just for internal purposes to sell to SBS?

But it is odd if they are the actual importer due to size they don't take over spares, etc.

Last edited:
Place of Origin
Zhejiang, China
DL Electric.

Made for the Australian market

I notice, scrolling down in that link, they have the ½ module width mcb's as well.

Reply to SBS Trade consumer units in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net