Discuss Setting up in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

V

vernam616

Hi All

Im looking at setting up my own business, im a qualified electrician but do not hold a 2391

What do i need to be able to carry out installations in domestic dwellings?

Is it a problem that i dont have my 2391? im pretty competant at testing and inspecting but is that good enough?

any help appreciated
Thanks

If you are competent then thats fine, 2391 is not required. if you want to go down the domestic route then part P reg with one of the clubs is a must. As part of your registration you will need to prove that you are competent at testing etc. You will need at least the 17th edition to register, have a look at the websites for Elecsa, Napit etc and have a look at the requirements to join a self certification scheme.

Cheers...........Howard

If you are competent then thats fine, 2391 is not required. if you want to go down the domestic route then part P reg with one of the clubs is a must. As part of your registration you will need to prove that you are competent at testing etc. You will need at least the 17th edition to register, have a look at the websites for Elecsa, Napit etc and have a look at the requirements to join a self certification scheme.

Cheers...........Howard

I agree with Howard, if you are competent at testing you should be ok but Im pretty sure if you join one of the schemes mentioned you will need to pass the 2391 within 12 months of joining them.

Jay

Theres certainly no stipulation with Elecsa that you have to have 2391, nor with NICEIC as a Domestic Installer, or it wasn't a few years ago!

It's Napit that require a 2391 within 12 months, be it the C&G 2391-10 or, their own NA2391 version. There is no comparison between the 2 I'd like to add, even though Napit have the cheek to use the same numbering in the name.

Reply to Setting up in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net