Discuss Siemens S2S-700 Radio Telemeter? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone come across one of these?
I'm only familar with the Horstmann series of telemeters, and I can't find any information on these Siemen's models at all. I've a customer who wanted to reinstate their disconnected storage heaters, but when I came to look at the installation there are two meters, one old dial meter supplying peak and this seperate Siemens telemeter supplying off-peak. I'm not sure if this Siemens meter does dual tarrif or not because the display does not seem to light up even with energised tails to it. I think there are 6 terminals (or 5, can't remember).
Currently it has L+N in, then there are two L's currently out to a dual fused isolator. It was a very brief look today, so wasn't thorough in my investigation, but at least one L output was active at 10am this morning. I'm not sure if it has two switched outputs, one for an immersion and one for storage heaters, so they'll perhaps be different switching times, or perhaps one output is permanent 24 hour and one off-peak.

Either way, there is no display and no lights, it appears dead, though at least one output is active.
I've tried pressing the button to no avail. So either the meter isa faulty or perhaps the meter needs power removing and reapplying to it, I've not had chance.

Anyone familiar with these meters, they seem rare!

Thanks
Fuzebox

20190925_101144.jpg

Reply to Siemens S2S-700 Radio Telemeter? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a Horstmann Radio Telemeter series K that is not working. I have one consumer unit with all circuits. This consumer is fed via a normal...
Replies
Views
I am in a bit of a pinch at the moment and trying to argue a massive amount of used of electricity with my provider which I find it hard to...
Replies
Views
Hi. Can anyone offer a bit of advice please. I've got a customer who wants needs an upgrade to their consumer units. It is a bungalow that has a 3...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in Mexico, where I have a small, un-official trailer park on my property. The property is serviced by my privately owned, 650amp...
Replies
Views
Good evening all. I'm in desperate need in some help please. I recently changed a fuse board with a horstmann radio telemeter series 2a NU077-222...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock