Discuss Signal strength on freesat in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello, I've recently been having problems with my freesat set up. I have two freesat boxes connected to the same satellite dish, some channels are weak or missing but not necessarily the same on both boxes. I've checked the cable connections both ends and that the dish hasn't moved, and thoughts?

it sounds like the dish has moved, if both are experiencing problems.
The differences between them may be down to the age of them, or electronics inside. Some tuners are just better than others.

do you have a satellite signal strength meter, or are you just using the inbuilt one in the set top box?

Maybe not the dish itself, but the LNB on the end of the arm has moved?

it sounds like the dish has moved, if both are experiencing problems.
The differences between them may be down to the age of them, or electronics inside. Some tuners are just better than others.

do you have a satellite signal strength meter, or are you just using the inbuilt one in the set top box?

Maybe not the dish itself, but the LNB on the end of the arm has moved?
I've been using the inbuilt meter but I do have strength meter, the dish is a bit rusty could this be the problem?

Reply to Signal strength on freesat in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have unexplained equipment and diagram for three separate connected f81 connectors. Each f81 connector is connected to single receiver to single...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to the forum, and I'm hoping my question won't be too stupid. I'm in NYC (Manhattan), and have an apartment where a...
Replies
Views
Ferrets are known for being small, resourceful, and incredibly clever. They can solve many problems by fitting into tight spaces and doing jobs us...
Replies
Views
I'm fitting one of the Apex 7S units on Friday. I'd avoided the original range after a couple of bad experiences but I figured a new model might...
Replies
Views
Hi all looking for some helpful advice I'm an Aussie so go easy on me, I have a good mechanical engineering head but first time plumbing and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock