Discuss Signal strength on freesat in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hello, I've recently been having problems with my freesat set up. I have two freesat boxes connected to the same satellite dish, some channels are weak or missing but not necessarily the same on both boxes. I've checked the cable connections both ends and that the dish hasn't moved, and thoughts?

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
have you had high winds? maybe dish has moved slightly.

are these old sky boxes you're using, or other brand?

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
it sounds like the dish has moved, if both are experiencing problems.
The differences between them may be down to the age of them, or electronics inside. Some tuners are just better than others.

do you have a satellite signal strength meter, or are you just using the inbuilt one in the set top box?

Maybe not the dish itself, but the LNB on the end of the arm has moved?

Reaction score
it sounds like the dish has moved, if both are experiencing problems.
The differences between them may be down to the age of them, or electronics inside. Some tuners are just better than others.

do you have a satellite signal strength meter, or are you just using the inbuilt one in the set top box?

Maybe not the dish itself, but the LNB on the end of the arm has moved?
I've been using the inbuilt meter but I do have strength meter, the dish is a bit rusty could this be the problem?

Reply to Signal strength on freesat in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net