CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Signs on power adapter. in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

mapleman

mapleman

-
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I am total noob in electric things. I've got one question. What is that sign on Dell PC power adapter? What is it and how to test it? Is it class two with earth? Help! Thank you.

Attachments

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Aico 3000
telectrix

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Read the CoP for ISITEE
not sure that particular thing is in the COP. and how could it be tested anyway if it's a plug-in device and the output is ELV. visual inspection only IMO.

pirate

pirate

-
Esteemed
Arms
FVI, and if you like, test output voltage just for fun...
You could try testing it when plugged into the PC...

Oh, I dunno...
Pretty unlikely to be fatal...more likely to fail and be a costly replacement from Dell

pirate

pirate

-
Esteemed
Arms
Here's one I made earlier...
I expect if i peeled the Made In China sticky label off it would reveal more meaningless (to me) symbols...
The lead is a plain cloverleaf type, so easy to test...
Anyway, if you have an older Dell laptop and need this power supply, let me know. Yours for a charity donation.Dell ps.jpgDell ps.jpg

pirate

pirate

-
Esteemed
Arms
Indeed, DPG...lazy of me, but what I meant was it is easy to test that kind of lead on a PA Tester, provided you have the adaptor

DPG

DPG

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Remember that a PAT tester connects line and neutral together during testing. And obviously there is no earth connection. So Pat testing a figure 8 lead doesn't actually do anything.

Edit: ignore me. I forgot it was a cloverleaf rather than a figure 8 type. Doh. I am currently stood in the corner.

Last edited:
Scolmore Electrical Products

Reply to Signs on power adapter. in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom