Discuss skills refreshing advice in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Fairly new to the forum I think I'm in the right thread.

I'm hoping to get some advice.

I originally served my apprenticeship as nvq level 3 electrical install and maintenance focused in commercial industrial.

That was nearly 20 years ago now. I ended up moving into multi skill maintenance and service engineer work and other fields gaining mech qualifications. I still worked on electrical equipment but my job scope was varied meaning I could sometimes go weeks without an electrical task.

I still have knowledge and skills of the electrical subject but naturally there's so much I have forgotten with me not being solely focused on electrical work.

Can anybody advise good practical courses I can do or just general advice on how to refresh the knowledge besides books.

I want to refresh my electrical skills mainly around 3 phase motors, controls, drives, PLC etc. I feel refresher courses will help with the rusty memory getting more hands on again designing, erecting, inducing faults on rigs and so on.

I see various short courses online but the topics seem basic and worried it wont be worth the money.

Has anyone else been in my situation before who can offer advice

Thanks

Paul

Reply to skills refreshing advice in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys I’m at one of the funny times in my career where I can’t decide on what I want to do. I’m wondering if one of you experiences folks can...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
I'm 24 and looking for a career change into the electrical industry. Could anyone advise me on the practicality of undertaking a fast track level...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I completed my level 2 2365 installation and my level 3 8202 advanced technical diploma in electrical installation and I’m unsure on...
Replies
Views
I am writing to express my strong interest in joining your esteemed organization as I embark on the next phase of my career in the field of...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock