Currently reading:
So what happened

Discuss So what happened in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well it's not exciting as I expected so I'm off see you later

You'll be back within 10 minutes... guaranteed!!! ;)

Have to admit, I did press 'refresh' quite a few times and when it didn't work I did have a momentary feeling of 'what do I do now'? Got the lawn mowed and restocked the van.. well chuffed!

I also couldn't access until about 30 minutes ago. Usually when I have problems it's one of the international backbones that's down like SeaCom but this time I ran a few traceroutes direct and via VPN and it was definitely a UK broadband problem plus it was persistent across every route I tried so it was a major issue. Latency was running into minutes instead of miliseconds as it normally should be. Things are still a bit slow and page load times are still unstable so I suspect they've bypassed the problem route and are probably still fixing the actual fault. On the forum software side everything is as per normal.

Thought you were stuck in a cave

Also is that the forums attempt at an apology for the disruption, caused too all the poor men on here who have had to endure their wives and girlfriends, because we didn't know what else to do

Nah they let you out at closing time lol. Its been good getting away from the forum today, been down a cave, drove on the Tour de France route (2nd stage) near snake pass, nice lunch and all I get is people texting me asking about the forum lol! Just shows how addictive these forums can be, and we are grown men not teenagers on facebonk etc.

Nah they let you out at closing time lol. Its been good getting away from the forum today, been down a cave, drove on the Tour de France route (2nd stage) near snake pass, nice lunch and all I get is people texting me asking about the forum lol! Just shows how addictive these forums can be, and we are grown men not teenagers on facebonk etc.
speak for yourself, I love it lol, oh and p0rnhub

Thankgod it's back up and running, I'm currently in the pub with real people. Will need to get myself to the tropical disease department of the local hospital ASAP now. Hope Dan can afford the forthcoming lawsuit.

Back to taking the mick it is then, damn I have missed my imaginary friends

I ran a few traceroutes direct and via VPN and it was definitely a UK broadband problem plus it was persistent across every route I tried so it was a major issue. Latency was running into minutes
If you cannit taalk Geordie can ye at least try English bonny lad?

Luckily I've been babysitting my 3 year old grandson most of the day so the chance of a proper, sensible conversation was pretty good.
We (I) built a bridge out of newspaper and sellotape

If you cannit taalk Geordie can ye at least try English bonny lad?
The string between your pc and the server had a knot in it somewhere lol.

Bassically when he says he tested the latency its similar to an earth loop.

Should be getting a value under say 500ms but insteas he was getting minutes

Seemed to me to be a dns issue, I tried through 3 dns servers and it was like the site didnt exist (I didnt leave cmd running long enoigh to let it ping for mins)

I even tried using my vpn as well so it was a little odd

Bloody seen it all now a Geordie complaining about the way someone speaks:sifone:

Luckily I've been babysitting my 3 year old grandson most of the day so the chance of a proper, sensible conversation was pretty good.
Sounds like your ready for the domestic installer course Trev

How very dare you!
:)

My apologies sir, I just thought if you had reached the level of sticking paper together, it would make you a prime candidate

And on again

The string between your pc and the server had a knot in it somewhere lol.

Bassically when he says he tested the latency its similar to an earth loop.

Should be getting a value under say 500ms but insteas he was getting minutes

Seemed to me to be a dns issue, I tried through 3 dns servers and it was like the site didnt exist (I didnt leave cmd running long enoigh to let it ping for mins)

I even tried using my vpn as well so it was a little odd

Aye ... ok .. Bloody show-off!!!

Just because ye can type fluent gibberish. ;)

well...i havn`t been down a cave today...but i`v been up a loft...

found my pockets £250 heavier as well when i left...about 2 hours after i had arrived....

A bridge???

Piece of cake.

Next week try something a bit more ambitious - something like a Lancaster bomber ........ full size.

Lucky you just finally got the forum to load since early doors this morning

Just after I posted it went off again came back on and took over 5 minutes to load a page took me back to dial up days strange but it was only this forum that was having problems

Reply to So what happened in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock