Discuss Solar and hot water in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Solmon52

DIY
Reaction score
Looking for advice. I have a 5kv solar system. My inverter is currently showing output of just under 3000 w.
In the past my energex qld meter would tell me that the solar was giving grid excess after the inverter was reading over 1400w that was with pool pump and hotwater on.
They came and put a smart meter in and know it never feeds into the grid while hotwarer is warming even with inverter reading 3200w.
Has the company wrongly set my meter to override my hotwater useage.

Looking for advice. I have a 5kv solar system. My inverter is currently showing output of just under 3000 w.
In the past my energex qld meter would tell me that the solar was giving grid excess after the inverter was reading over 1400w that was with pool pump and hotwater on.
They came and put a smart meter in and know it never feeds into the grid while hotwarer is warming even with inverter reading 3200w.
Has the company wrongly set my meter to override my hotwater useage.
I'd start by checking what size your water heater is - 3000W is not an uncommon size (with some larger/smaller). If that is the case it is inevitable that no energy would be exported while the hot water system is operating

I'd start by checking what size your water heater is - 3000W is not an uncommon size (with some larger/smaller). If that is the case it is inevitable that no energy would be exported while the hot water system is

I'd start by checking what size your water heater is - 3000W is not an uncommon size (with some larger/smaller). If that is the case it is inevitable that no energy would be exported while the hot water system is operating
Thanks Paul. I believe it is but confused as with the old metre it would show feed in after inverter output got over 1400w. The new smart metre does not show even if inverter showing 3500 to 4000 w. Does not get a feed in unless hot water is off or timer has closed it.
Stewart

Reply to Solar and hot water in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net