Discuss Something wrong.. can’t trace fault in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

On the subject of electric showers, a pal gave me this today and i wondered if it would be ok as an isolator for a 9.5kw Mira?

Attachments

• Light switch 1.jpg
    442 KB · Views: 18
  • light switch 2.jpg
    499.4 KB · Views: 18
If it wasn’t missing a screw I would be tempted to install it as a shower isolater if the customer really wanted it

On the subject of electric showers, a pal gave me this today and i wondered if it would be ok as an isolator for a 9.5kw Mira?
You could surprise people by. Using it on a selv circuit to operate a contactor for the shower

The contactor idea had occurred to me, but that missing screw...have to get the soldering iron out!
The insulation between the brass toggle and the switch contacts is somewhat tenuous, being a couple of wafer-thin layers of some unknown material which is a bit crumbly...
"By Royal Warrant to HM The King" is embossed on the base, so it should be good to go...
The mechanism does work beautifully though, so I may just install it on a 12V circuit to summon my butler.

Reply to Something wrong.. can’t trace fault in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Sort of an interesting one. I had a call from a client to say she is getting a shock when using the shower. I told her not to use it and...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
So there I was the other day posting on here about me going to solve faults others couldn't find and I've got one myself. It's been a while since...
Replies
Views
Fault finding. Good to systematically and logically investigate the problem, then the culprit has been staring you in the face... phone call from...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock