Discuss Sometimes you have to laugh before you cry in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

SteveG

-
Reaction score
Got a call from a beauty salon to ask if I repair electronic beds.
I said no but the very camp voice begged me and told me no one would repair it apart from the German makers - and they wanted a fortune.
He badgered me until I said I would come have a look.

I've never been in such a place like that before. Fifty grand cars filling the carpark, women having nails done and eyebrows etc.
He greeted me by holding my hands and said walk this way and minced off through a door. I resisted the joke.
We went by the swimming pool into the mud bath and wrap rooms.
Fat women were being coated in hot mud and then wrapped in silver foil material.
He showed me the 'electronic bed' and pressed the remote control 'look, nothing'
He left me to it.
Within 5 minutes I had deduced that the voltage regulator box was dead.
A black plastic box with multiple mini plug and socket outlets.
I told him I would take it away and try repair it or get a replacement.
He again impressed on me the urgency of it all.
The box was not meant to be repaired. I opened it with a Stanley knife and junior hacksaw (no screws) to find it was filled with resin.

I called the makers in Germany and they said they would send me one for £120.
I phoned the salon and said it would be £170 for the job.

He told me to hold on and would phone me back for the go ahead. ???

He didn't ring me for a week then his opening words were You are a scammer' a rouge electrician.
Ugh
He told me he had got one for £120 and he wasn't paying me £50 for five minutes work. Not only that - he wanted the original box back.
I told him I'd thrown it in the bin and it was gone.
I had diagnosed the problem and given him a very honest price.

He then said he would sue me for theft and misrepresentation and he'll see me in court.

I lost my rag and told him to go ahead. (Not those exact words)
Of course he didn't try to sue me and I never heard anything else from him. He was obviously trying it on.

customers - who needs em lol

I'd send him an invoice for call out and work to the nearest hour out of principle. Sounds like he got you to diagnose the issue then he pays someone else to install the voltage regulator.

Did you bill him for your time and diagnosis of the fault.
No he won't have thought about that.

So what about him.
£1500 for throwing a handfull of mud onto someone.

Or the £500 per hour he's charging for the bed.

I wonder what that twerp charges for the crap services he supplies.
I know my youngest daughter paid £200 to have her eyebrows done - don't ask what they done.
Its hard being an electrician sometimes.

I wonder what that twerp charges for the crap services he supplies.
I know my youngest daughter paid £200 to have her eyebrows done - don't ask what they done.
Sometimes you have to laugh before you cry {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
It puzzles me the ladys go in to shave their eye brows off ,and then paint them on again ,you swear some of them work in a circuses ,LOL.

Don't worry, he'll get a new regulator off Amazon, plug it in and it will promptly go bang because the original fault that caused the first failure is probably still there elsewhere on the machine. Then he'll be back on your phone begging you to please go ahead as per your quotation.

Reply to Sometimes you have to laugh before you cry in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock