Discuss SONOS wireless speakers. in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Leesparkykent

Esteemed
Reaction score
Working at a customers house today and they had a sonos wireless speaker in 2 or 3 rooms of the house was well impressed with the set up and sound quality was impressive. All the speakers can be controlled from an app. Looking at the speakers they are expensive and was wondering if anyone knows of anything else similar? I was that impressed I will probably buy them if I have a few good months in a row...but want to see if any one knows of something similar? I know I could wire in some speakers etc but like idea of being able to move them around, in the garden etc.

We have a sonos setup at ours and swear by it. Flebay has loads of new/unwanted present play3 and 5s if you want to save some hard earned dollar!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I don't know much about this stuff.

Do the speakers need to be plugged in or can they be battery powered?

I did buy one of these last week for music while working!

SONOS wireless speakers. Speaker - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited by a moderator:
The speakers need to be plugged in to a 230v supply Murdoch. I have them set up here in Australia. You get a bridge that connects to your modem/ wifi setup. This then hooks wirelessly to the speakers. I have one speaker in the 4 bedrooms, one in the kitchen, one in the front room and because my house is next to a river it's on stilts so my entertainment area is downstairs and I have a sonos 3 speaker down there. We can all play our own music simultaneously in each room. The kids can play their musical preferences in their rooms while me and the better half can listen to ours downstairs. Best system I've ever bought to be honest.

Same here
I have a play one
2 play 3s
and a play 5
plus my surround sound is hooked up to the sonos
and I have a speaker in the bathroom ceiling but that gets expensive as you need the sonos amp and that knocked me back £350 plus the speaker.
but highly recommend them plus no lag when you walk from room to room and the kids love them as they can all play different music at the same time

Reply to SONOS wireless speakers. in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock