Discuss Sounds that run straight through you. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Just got sat down and heard something I can only say made me shudder :icon9:

I live opposite an infant junior school and just heard the screeching of a car and a thud, followed by what I can only explain as a chilling noise of a woman screaming with every breath... a kid has just been knocked off their bike crossing a pelican crossing without using the green man as far as I can tell and it seems her mother didn't see her in time, we are talking about a little girl about 5 on a junior bike with stabilisers, when I got out the bike was in the middle of the road in front of a car and a crowd of people trying to aid the situation as the traffic was heavy and slow moving in the other direction so many witnessed the RTA.

Im glad to say it seems this little girl has just had a bad knock and probably will have a few grazes and bruises to remind her but it doesn't take away the fear of what could have been and that sound of a desperate mother thinking the worse....

Please Please!!!... be careful with your children near main roads and crossings alike , I know it only takes a few seconds to be looking the other way but Im trying to sow this seed into any parents mind which may one day stop another tragic accident, I wouldn't wish any parent to have tp go through the loss of a child.:sad_smile:

Last edited:
Glad she wasn't badly injured or killed, sounds like it could have been a lot worse.

One thing that gives me the heebiejeebies is when I see a driver behind me through the rearview mirror and they're busy typing on their phone whilst driving. The number of accidents I see every week where some idiot has just run into the back of another vehicle in stationary or stop/start traffic is scary.

I know we all live very busy lives and the decision not to answer a call while driving could be the difference between winning a job or losing one but there really is no excuse for using a mobile phone while driving.With all the low priced hands free kits available now everyone should have them as a minimum.
Personally I would be happy to see a new law brought in where it is an instant Ban like drink driving, no if's no Buts just a straight forward on the spot Ban, it may just be the shock some drivers need.

Last edited:
Just got sat down and heard something I can only say made me shudder :icon9:

I live opposite an infant junior school and just heard the screeching of a car and a thud, followed by what I can only explain as a chilling noise of a woman screaming with every breath... a kid has just been knocked off their bike crossing a pelican crossing without using the green man as far as I can tell and it seems her mother didn't see her in time, we are talking about a little girl about 5 on a junior bike with stabilisers, when I got out the bike was in the middle of the road in front of a car and a crowd of people trying to aid the situation as the traffic was heavy and slow moving in the other direction so many witnessed the RTA.

Im glad to say it seems this little girl has just had a bad knock and probably will have a few grazes and bruises to remind her but it doesn't take away the fear of what could have been and that sound of a desperate mother thinking the worse....

Please Please!!!... be careful with your children near main roads and crossings alike , I know it only takes a few seconds to be looking the other way but Im trying to sow this seed into any parents mind which may one day stop another tragic accident, I wouldn't wish any parent to have tp go through the loss of a child.:sad_smile:

Sad to hear that about the kid if the mother was like most I see walking round she probabily didn't see her because see was to busy messing with her phone.

I know we all live very busy lives and the decision not to answer a call while driving could be the difference between winning a job or losing one but there really is no excuse for using a mobile phone while driving.With all the low priced hands free kits available now everyone should have them as a minimum.
Personally I would be happy to see a new law brought in where it is an instant Ban like drink driving, no if's no Buts just a straight forward on the spot Ban, it may just be the shock some drivers need.

Talking on the phone is bad enough, but when you see them head down texting, is just is the height of ignorance and stupidity.
Personally I would like to see a statutory ban for this .

Reply to Sounds that run straight through you. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net