Discuss Spark Doctor is in Hospital in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Just received the following from UKTC

"Manslaughter JailingThe Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has warned all employers to ensure they protect their workers’ lives after the jailing of a company director for manslaughter.

Sharaz Butt, the director of Alcon Construction Ltd of Norwich, was sentenced to 12 months jail in Norwich Crown Court, after pleading guilty to the manslaughter of Wu Zhu Weng. He also received a five-year disqualification from acting as a company director after pleading guilty to breaching section 37 of the Health and Safety at Work etc 1974 Act.

Mr Butt was prosecuted by Norfolk police, with assistance from the HSE, over the incident on 31st January 2008. Mr Weng was working for Alcon Construction on the refurbishment of a building on Trowse, Norwich, when he fell 12 feet through a skylight, suffering fatal injuries."

The gaffer & the bloke who energised the circuit Doc was working on could be on a dodgy wicket.
So be warned all you company bosses/employees H&S isnt to be taken lightly.

Last edited by a moderator:
absolutely easyfox ,

dislocated shoulder and burns are serious ,not to mention what it will do to ian's confidence
some companies (and me )use the locks which take multiple padlocks anyone responsible for the shut down ,or working on the installation will have their own key and padlock
hope ian's recovery goes ok

Bloody hell, only just found this thread, hope he is ok.

This just shows what idiots are around does'nt it. I mean, who in their right mind would unlock a big switch without checking first.
Makes you wonder, that if he had not had the spare keys would he have just cut the lock off, or if Doc had removed the fuses, would the idiot have put some more in ?

Its one of those 'how far do you go' things.

Safe procedures or not, how do you factor in idiocy.

You cannot use logic to understand something not carried out using logic !

Hope He is better soon !!

Just a quick note. Ian had his operation first thing this morning and all went well. (idiot wanted to come home this afternoon). Will hopefully be let out tomorrow or the day after.

He does has withdraw symptoms from cigs and this forum.

Once again, thank you for all your messages. I have passed them all on.

I'll put a recipe for Game Pie tomorrow then Mrs-Doctor.
(If you like it that is)

oh dear, not been logged on, been busy, only just read this

Hope Ian's ok, he will need to get back 'on the horse' quickly, but i am sure that he is big enough to realise that this was sheer idiocy and not let it knock him too much

get well soon mate:eek:

Just read the thread, Get well soon Ian.

If you want, we can 'go get the idiot down a dark alley, then....................'. It would be 'idiot' versus 'electricians forums.co .uk'. Just put out the word.

Get well mate.

**** ..... thats so out of order its untrue.

I did a domestic a few years ago where we turned the whole house off. Some decorator without asking came to start work and flicked the lot back on. Despite a printed warning notice that was dated and timed My mate then spent 10 mins dipping the ****ers head in a tub paint to teach him a lesson and he was kicked off site

Its one of those 'how far do you go' things.

Safe procedures or not, how do you factor in idiocy.

i know what you mean, personally I use multi-lock offs with my own padlock with keys in my pocket! I work where most people sign their name with a big shaky cross:)

If you can PM me mrs Doc so I never work in the factory in question :eek:

In all seriousness though I hope Ian is ok and this does'nt knock him too much it will be very hard to trust meters etc for the next few months I know all about it having a phase through each hand last year, my confidence took a battering but on the whole has made me a much safer electrician (over the top in most people I work withs eyes).

I wish him the most speediest of recoveries hes a top bloke and I hope he knows how concerned weve all been on here

In all seriousness though I hope Ian is ok

I wish him the most speediest of recoveries hes a top bloke and I hope he knows how concerned weve all been on here

Brilliantly put Monty!

My sentiments exactly.

Reply to Spark Doctor is in Hospital in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock