Discuss Spark doctor lives in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Defies belief the stupidity of some people:mad: as said the maint spark deserves all he gets.
Glad your on the mend mate & all the best to you mrs Doc & the apprentice.
3 months off how flipping bored are you gonna get :D.

Yaaaay!

Welcome back Ian.

Can't even keep you company for the next 3 months as I'm working now.

Sorry mate.

;)

What do you mean, "Thank fuc* for that?"

Thanks Chris. The support and messages that i have got from here have been great and have cheered me up no end.

3 months off how flipping bored are you gonna get :D.

I have only been out of hospital 1 day and it is driving me NUTS:(. May hire a automatic car for a few weeks and "supervise":D:D

Ian, I understand the frustration of convalescing (did I spell that right?) The only way to repair the psychological damage is a few beers - once you are off the drugs, why not post an invite for a few to pop down to Dorset, pick you up and take you out for a few beers?

All the best to you and I hope my wife never reads this forum - she worries enough as it is! A very lucky escape.

Welcome back matey, jeez there's some bast***s out there.

I have worked on machinery and plant for much of my career, often alongside non-electrical trades.

They never seem to understand why i blow my Fu**ing head so much and chase them with a hammer when they walk up behind me, with my head in a contactor panel, and shout "BANG". Happened to me so many times.:mad:

Get well soon fella

Glad you are on the mend mister !

This whole episode might have done the apprentice some good in an inverted sort of way, my old boss who I served my time with used to say to us apprentices 'One day you will see somthing big go bang, or someone get burnt or killed, and at that point it will dawn on you just how dangerous the bloody stuff realy is'. I thought 'yeah whatever' as you do at 17,but soon enough my time came, and he was right.We saw a bloke set about the busbars in an MCC with a socket set, this was streight off the transformer about 6 feet away, no fuses or f**k all, he shorted a phase to earth with the extention bar and the result was similar to Doc.

It taught me to never assume ANYTHING is dead.

Have had the same as Shakey too, head in a panel when someone shouts 'bang' or hits the side with a lump of wood................its just NOT funny !

All the best to Doc, Mrs, and apprentice.

Have had the same as Shakey too, head in a panel when someone shouts 'bang' or hits the side with a lump of wood................its just NOT funny !

apparently you're allowed to thump the person for doing that and they'll get thrown off site when they get out of hospital(probably not true)

Goodness gracious:eek: Glad you are ok and on the mend.

Made me really sad and angry when I read this thread today.
Even though I am quite safety orientated, your story makes me realise that sometimes its never enough. I am not in the habit of locking off cos I work mainly in domestic but have been caught out a few times by painters/chippies coming back from lunch and throwing the switches, even though there is a notice on cu.

The fact that this was done by a supposed electrician defies belief, wtf was he thinking????:(

Hope you get massive payout and can take the Mrs on sunny holiday.

Take care.

Reply to Spark doctor lives in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock