Discuss Split Underground 12/2 UF cable between 2 sheds in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm running a 70ft underground UF cable in 3/4 inch PVC conduit to 2 sheds. The sheds are 3ft from each other. I'm just a DIYer enthusiast so learning. What's the best way to service both sheds with the 1 UF cable. Is there a T connection I can use or what's practical? I just need a receptacle and light switch in each shed for basic use. I was going to use two 3/4" LBs (conduits bodies) to access each shed. Not sure of the most convenient way to wire between both sheds underground however as an underground T connector doesn't sound legit. Maybe put a junction box on 1 shed and run a separate conduit across to other shed underground?
Thanks

Hi,
I'm running a 70ft underground UF cable in 3/4 inch PVC conduit to 2 sheds. The sheds are 3ft from each other. I'm just a DIYer enthusiast so learning. What's the best way to service both sheds with the 1 UF cable. Is there a T connection I can use or what's practical? I just need a receptacle and light switch in each shed for basic use. I was going to use two 3/4" LBs (conduits bodies) to access each shed. Not sure of the most convenient way to wire between both sheds underground however as an underground T connector doesn't sound legit. Maybe put a junction box on 1 shed and run a separate conduit across to other shed underground?
Thanks
That would be fine if you install a junction box on 1 Shed and then come out of the box to feed the other shed. Do not splice underground without the proper junction box which is required to have access to it. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Reply to Split Underground 12/2 UF cable between 2 sheds in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I'm a DIY'er looking to build a 6x8 shed in my backyard in Colorado. I'm installing a gravel pad first, with 4 concrete Sonotube...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have 50 ft of corrugated pipe buried between my house and a pool shed. I placed it where I knew future landscaping would make it very...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm going to be wiring up my garden office with power and ethernet underground and I need advice on the best way to run the cables as I have...
Replies
Views
Strange on this, we are wiring an extension at the moment and I would like to 3 way the (currently 2 way) landing switch to the new bedroom so...
Replies
Views
I have an outbuilding a fair distance from the house. In this outbuilding I just want to have some lights, a small music radio/clock, and a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock