Discuss Star Delta Starter 400KW Crane Motor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello Dear friends,

I am going to check a start delta starter for a motor(400KW) which is used for crane and lately it has been causing some issues (Voltage Drop) not sure if the voltage drop is always there once this is started or it goes back to normal this information was not provided. Will apperiaciate some tips about troubleshooting what is the problem ?

The readings on your ammeter will be the first and most important guide to what is happening. Are the starting and running line currents reasonable and equal in all lines? Starting current might be 150-200% of FLC, which is probably stated on the motor data plate. Using whatever currents you can get the motor to draw (I appreciate you probably won't be able to rig the correct load to make it draw FLC) measure the voltage drop and calculate what it would be at FLC and see if it is reasonable. Once you have even a small amount of numerical data, the best fault finding strategy might be clear. E.g. unequal currents but equal voltages at the motor terminals points clearly to a winding fault. Unequal voltages points to a supply or switchgear fault.

Reply to Star Delta Starter 400KW Crane Motor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Heeelp! I have an 11kW/21A motor which is attached to a hydraulic power pack. I have replaced the old panels with new, using the same star delta...
Replies
Views
Good evening all Ive got an old truck 1990 that has always had intermittent starting issues whilst ive owned it.. As far as i am aware the...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Is my understanding of why it is bad for a star/delta motor to be stuck in star correct? 1) Star delta starting is used as a method of...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I got a call to a job, table saw (wood) tripping C/B straight away. 4kW motor on Star Delta Starter. So I get to the job, after some...
Replies
Views
Hi I got called out to a faulty star delta starter on an old Stenner band saw Monday (was getting stuck in star and blow fuses) - So I ordered a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock