Discuss Starting out on your own in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Seb

Hello all.
Need some help with what you need to undertake your own work. I currently am between electricians as a labourer with plenty of experience but am looking at going on my own. What quali's do you need to take on rewires and sign off work yourself? I'm a little confused. 17th + Part P? 17th and 2392? Part P? Everyone seems to have different qualifications etc.

Just a little advice would be grateful! And yes i know it's hard out there and yes you need plenty of experience but what is the best way to go about it?

Thanks.

if you feel confident to rewire, go for it. ive been doing bits on my own now aint been payed in ages, so you need a bit of cash about you to keep you going. you need an electrical account to keep track of everything you get for each job. and you need a right hand man at you fingertips for when you get lost in a heating installation. and you need more cash and head to keep it all in order and keep pricing while one job is knackering you out. im fliping knackerd keeping track of it all but it wioll get easier

If you're in England or Wales you'll need to join Elecsa, Napit or NICEIC - so do some research on these companies, call them, talk to them and get their information packs.

This subject has been done to death on the forum so there's plenty of reading materiall here too....

i want to get niceic. cause will get me more work.. i have good contacts, but havent a clue on running a buisness i.e employing someone managing cashflow and keeping things in order..

Reply to Starting out on your own in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net