Discuss Storage box for cordless gear in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

mattg4321

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Looking to have a bit of an upgrade of my cordless tools. I'll be sticking with Dewalt as some of it is still in good nick. I find it irritating carrying multiple small cases around for various drills etc, batteries, chargers though.

Can anyone recommend a storage case suitable in size for a combi drill, impact driver, sds, multi tool, 4 or 5 batteries and a charger at a minimum. Will also want somewhere to keep drill bits, multi tool blades etc even if thats just a small case thrown in there too.

Also interested to hear what everyone else does in case there are any better suggestions!

Won’t it get a bit heavy to carry all that in one go?

Dewalt drills usually come in their Tstak boxes, which can be linked together…. So you could carry maybe 3 at a time???
They also do deep boxes with tool trays and screw boxes in the same shape.

I use the T-Stak boxes they clip together just fine for carrying about.

The toughcase stuff is bigger and tougher but understandably more expensive. I have one of these for my combi and impact driver.

Everything else is in T-Stak boxes.

On the subject of T-STAK, the Stanley fat max storage bin trays used to be 100% compatible with TSTAK.
However the ones on offer at Screwdix at the moment aren’t. ( At least I assume it’s a new design that aren’t not old stock. )

There’s a Tstak and a Tstak 2.0….. I don’t know what the difference is.
Maybe the fat max fits one but not other??
It appears to be the FatMax that has changed (or has two versions), I have an assortment and it was the latest purchase of FatMax where I first saw the issue.

Never liked the idea of stackable boxes dedicated to individual tools, due to the amount of space they'd occupy. I use the packout trolley for power tools as it holds loads.

Much depends on the sort of work you're doing. For me the essentials are combi, impact driver, sds, multitool and angle grinder. A few other small power tools are carried every day as they can make life much easier. Some tools stay home unless I know they're going to be needed.

However...when you park up and it's a bit of a walk to the job, being able to wheel your drill, impact driver, multitool and accessories to the door is an advantage. A friend kindly gave me one of these:
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/stanley-pro-mobile-tool-chest-24/52706
which does the job well. Big enough, but not too heavy.

Fortunately, I don't live or work in a busy city and most jobs I can park easily, but one site I visit frequently is in a park where vehicles are not permitted, so it's 100 yards or so from the nearest parking, thus the ability to "tote" multiple tools at one go is useful.

I can fit (All Makita) half inch and quarter inch impact drivers, grinder, hammer drill, jigsaw, mini vacuum, multitool 6 batteries and charger along with sever small Milwaukee cases for the bit needed in my Packout main trolley box. I find the trick is to not have any of batteries on the tools. I have to keep the half inch drive sockets out as they are deep ones and the box is too big.

Reply to Storage box for cordless gear in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net