Discuss stupid accidents and near misses in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I once got a job to deliver baths to a warehouse on newcastle docks i was late and trying to find the dam place when i hit them bit things the ships tie the ropes to. the baths came through the cab and wedged me against the steering wheel i was stuck there for an hour before someone found me. I had broke my arm and fracktured my pelvis and broke my back in 2 place but did not paralyize me or anything. I had a lucky escape and live to die another day. lol

When i was 16 long time ago i was working in a warehouse and everyone went out for lunch exept me so as you do i had a quick go on the big red forklift the ones you sit sideways on anyway four laps of the warehouse later i took a corner to fast and slid towards a huge 40ft racking loaded with about 12 tonnes of stock i caught the edge of it and the forklift stopped 10mm short of taking my arm off then the racking started swaying and almost tipped over but although my arm was sprained and black and blue my arm was ok ! phew now that was close !
2 weeks ago my sodding aprentice drilled through a hole and said to me tell me when the cable comes through the hole then after a min he said its stuck can you see what its stuck on so out comes my torch and looked just then the sod blew and gave me a face full of dust eyes were streaming and gritty ! bless his cotton socks !

Scenario up a high ally scaffold with a young new apprentice taking a 3mtr length of track lighting down in an old listed building, the track only had 1 light fitting on it, and we had just taken 3x of the same down previous. This proves a point that NO matter what you should always tests circuits are dead. Another spark at the consumer unit was flicking the breakers on and off, and sure enough our light went out, dead you presume, Not, bearing in mind i had unscrewed my end being quicker than a young lad i had it resting on my head while he disconnected the mains end, i couldn,t see and he did,nt know that yes all the previous tracks had 3x wires, not this one it also had 2x switch wires and guess what it was still live, and i got the bloody shock right through my forehead, hence i have lost a few cells since then, i tell you what that bloomim heart guys. needless to say my mate at ground level was rollin about with laughter, still feel it now.

i there

no miss this time got totaled last week by five teenagers ina vw polo:eek:

somehow got out van total write off:mad::mad:

but lived to keep on helping you lot:rolleyes:

have some time now to answer or help

cheers one lucky sob

Doing a 4mm 3 core swa joing the other day on a building site in scotland so i went to the consumer unit turned off the mcb and removed the neutral thinking all was well closed over the dis box and snapped the lock shut so i goes back to where the joint was going in the cable i start to strip one end of the swa then proceeded to cut the cable to make off the lenth of the extension when bang my bacho hacksaw had a massive gapeing hole straight thou the blade

went back the cumsumer unit and the site manager had given the key to sumbody else how had turned the mcb back on was far from happy had very stearn words with them both

but in the future i will always now lock off all mcbs

lesson learnt

Doing a 4mm 3 core swa joing the other day on a building site in scotland so i went to the consumer unit turned off the mcb and removed the neutral thinking all was well closed over the dis box and snapped the lock shut so i goes back to where the joint was going in the cable i start to strip one end of the swa then proceeded to cut the cable to make off the lenth of the extension when bang my bacho hacksaw had a massive gapeing hole straight thou the blade

went back the cumsumer unit and the site manager had given the key to sumbody else how had turned the mcb back on was far from happy had very stearn words with them both

but in the future i will always now lock off all mcbs

lesson learnt

Lucky there bud.

Lock off and keep the key with you. You should know that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know of an electrician down my way that had near enough the same thing happen to him.

He is now resting in peace.

jesus sorry to hear that jason all the stuff i do is temp cctv alarms access and in normal circumstances nobody touches the temp boards

but i quess what is normal

i have learnt my lesson

Nothing that serious but Got the palm of my hadn caught in a pair of Lazy Tongs while pop riviting a hasp to a d.b. Th blood Blister was about an inch long. By "Jings" it hurt.

never use a couple of old cds as a flexible backing for a sanding disc in an angle grinder no matter how flexible they seem. Managed to get shattered debris 40 ft away. lucky had goggles on! stupid! daz

Reply to stupid accidents and near misses in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock