Discuss swimming pool zones. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
contractors have installed a pool cover and have situated the isolator and the junction box at just above 2.5m but the conduit running between them with the 230v cable in it goes down to 2.47m at its lowest point.

Is that allowed or is it pedantic?

please see poorly drawn diagram for more information xD?

Attachments

• 336194535_168756648949406_7363830435289752704_n.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 35
Cables passing in or through a prescribed zone don't count as far as I know

Its the sighting of the actual accessory or box that has to be suitably rated / outside the zones

really but in reality a cable in a conduit is fine unless someone bashes the heck out of it which at 2m high is unlikely

Cables passing in or through a prescribed zone don't count as far as I know

Its the sighting of the actual accessory or box that has to be suitably rated / outside the zones

really but in reality a cable in a conduit is fine unless someone bashes the heck out of it which at 2m high is unlikely

It is allowed. It'll be fine

I remeasured it and the junction box and the isolator are at 2.46 m and the conduit is a bit lower lower they are both covered by an rcbo is that allowed

the junction box is in zone 1 and the isolator in zone 2

they are both IP65 or 66 as far as i know

Funnily enough I had to study 702 a couple of weeks ago. Before then I'd never read it!
Being an absolute jobsworth, technically the only wiring systems allowed in zone 1 is for equipment IN zone 1 or 0.
(702.522.22)
If the conduit has crept into zone 1 someone might choose to make a song and dance about it.
I'd save my energy for something actually dangerous myself.

Funnily enough I had to study 702 a couple of weeks ago. Before then I'd never read it!
Being an absolute jobsworth, technically the only wiring systems allowed in zone 1 is for equipment IN zone 1 or 0.
(702.522.22)
If the conduit has crept into zone 1 someone might choose to make a song and dance about it.
I'd save my energy for something actually dangerous myself.
the pool cover the junction box and isolator are all in zone 1 and or 2 they all supply the pool cover so does that makes it okay then?

Sorry, yes, in that case all ok! I forgot it was a pool cover when I looked at your diagram for some reason, my bad....
the diagram is a bit wrong as the junction box and isolator are in zone 1 as is the conduit

so if I'm reading it right 230 volt equipment wiring systems isolators and junction boxes all at 230v are allowed in zone one if they supply equipment that's in zone 1?

seems kinda wild but then again electric showers

the diagram is a bit wrong as the junction box and isolator are in zone 1 as is the conduit

so if I'm reading it right 230 volt equipment wiring systems isolators and junction boxes all at 230v are allowed in zone one if they supply equipment that's in zone 1?

seems kinda wild but then again electric showers
No, that's not what I said. Just wiring systems, e.g. conduit, trunking etc.
No junction boxes or switchgear is allowed in zone 1 unless it's SELV.

The measurement from the surface to the isolators is quite important and needs to be taken very accurately.

No, that's not what I said. Just wiring systems, e.g. conduit, trunking etc.
No junction boxes or switchgear is allowed in zone 1 unless it's SELV.

The measurement from the surface to the isolators is quite important and needs to be taken very accurately.
thank you :D

Ahhh why would some one mount junction boxes and isolators at 2.46 meters its so close to being at 2.5m

its an electric cover with 230 v going to a box that controls the the cover that's at a height of 2.46m which makes it just inside zone 1 if that helps
What type of pool have these covers been installed in, council swimming pool, outdoor pool, Spa etc? (Non electrical question).

Reply to swimming pool zones. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net