Discuss Tagging a post for a rating. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dumb I choose not to use as I think it is rude but if I want to disagree with a post and not give a reason then I will.

What a ridiculous idea.

If you honestly think banning members for using the badges you have provided is a sensible way forward then crack on.

Absolutely laughable.
I disagree.
This is a discussion forum.
The whole point of it, is to discuss things.
Just clicking on the disagree button is not discussing anything.

Those that scroll the screen right handed on an iPhone or maybe android accidentally give dumb ratings as they look through posts. You see this with new members never heard of dishing ‘dumbs’ left right and centre.
Swap the dumb position for the like position and vice versa and the world will be at peace!
(Doubt if it’s that easy to do though)

I disagree.
This is a discussion forum.
The whole point of it, is to discuss things.
Just clicking on the disagree button is not discussing anything.

Sometimes I will read through a thread and read some utter tosh and give ‘disagree’s’ as I go. If anyone thinks I am going to reply to every one then they can think again. Sometimes other members can separate the good from the bad just from looking at the agrees and disagrees.

Sometimes I will read through a thread and read some utter tosh and give ‘disagree’s’ as I go. If anyone thinks I am going to reply to every one then they can think again. Sometimes other members can separate the good from the bad just from looking at the agrees and disagrees.
One of the reasons I use this and forums, is to learn and keep myself updated with the Regulations.
I assume that others use the forum in the same way.
Just clicking disagree does not help anyone.

One of the reasons I use this and forums, is to learn and keep myself updated with the Regulations.
I assume that others use the forum in the same way.
Just clicking disagree does not help anyone.
The only thing I’ve seen you use this forum for is to twist and spin regulations and posts to get a rise out of it, otherwise known as trolling

In your opinion.
Yes, that’s my opinion, and it could be wrong.
It might be that some people have an over inflated sense of their worth and want to impose it upon others?

Yes it could be that by clicking on disagree, that poster knows exactly what they have said that is incorrect and will learn their mistake.

Tagging a post for a rating. upload_2019-5-5_9-32-51 - EletriciansForums.net

This is what we get in the post box. Yet I can, if I want, call someones post 'Dumb'... Where is the 'polite' and 'professional' in this????
Do you want this forum 'polite' and 'professional', or for some troll to give out 'Dumb' or 'Bad Spelling' ratings willy-nilly?
They are contradictory..
Why have negative ratings...

I personally have a drink whenever I get a dumb rating.

Saying that it's bank holiday weekend and I'm still sober at 9am, someone help a guy in need eh?

There you go. I am off to the rugby today. Can I have one back please?

I find it gobsmacking that adults, ADULTS are getting upset over this.

My 13 year old son is even laughing at this as I read it out to him.

Hi mate. Not sure about the little insults. Is this what you say to everyone who disagrees with you??
We are discussing them...

Clearly there is some debate and discussion about this ........ so my point to Dan is , come on mate, its your forum, have a "David Cameron" moment and put each of these ratings to a binary poll

Then accept the outcome and if its 52% to 48% so be it and we can all move on.....

The only thing I’ve seen you use this forum for is to twist and spin regulations and posts to get a rise out of it, otherwise known as trolling
The thing I learnt a long time ago about bullies and liars, is that they often accuse people of the things that they themselves are guilty of.
I imagine the same is true of trolls.

Reply to Tagging a post for a rating. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock