Discuss Tagging a post for a rating. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

The thing I learnt a long time ago about bullies and liars, is that they often accuse people of the things that they themselves are guilty of.
I imagine the same is true of trolls.
Yet another one of your spins..... always deflecting
It’s even in your user name for God’s sake, brazen.

The thing I learnt a long time ago about bullies and liars, is that they often accuse people of the things that they themselves are guilty of.
I imagine the same is true of trolls.

Can you not see the irony of your posting in this thread?

Yet another one of your spins..... always deflecting
It’s even in your user name for God’s sake, brazen.
Would you rather I just refuted your accusation, and point out that the truth is, that it’s you who twists and spins regulations?
Should we discuss how the requirement to provide RCD protection to circuits of a location containing a bath or shower, doesn’t actually mean protect the circuit, but in fact means protect only part of the circuit?

Would you rather I just refuted your accusation, and point out that the truth is, that it’s you who twists and spins regulations?
Should we discuss how the requirement to provide RCD protection to circuits of a location containing a bath or shower, doesn’t actually mean protect the circuit, but in fact means protect only part of the circuit?
Why would I want to discuss that?
Do you need help with it?
What do you not understand?

The whole point of making this thread and raising the issue was because we are seeing more and more threads been dragged off topic and also members getting a little over excited with each other and posts thus get heated, as staff we end up having to tidy the threads, hand out warnings and/or bans and we end up ruffling a few feathers.

If we can ask members to just take a little thought first if making a negative rating in that it will be clear as to why it was given or does it need a posted reply.
Sometimes negative ratings are pretty self explanatory and don't need any further interaction -

'I think heavy metal is the best music out there' Disagree

but there are many times when the disagree and dumb options are used and it is hard to understand why for the member receiving them, this is where we find things quickly go down hill as members will often chase up for a reply and reasoning as to why they were rated a dumb etc which often leads to a heated exchange, sends the threads off course and staff end up having to intervene.

All we are asking is you give clarity if the rating you gave needs it, we are not against the use of them as that is what the forum is about, fielding ones ideas and thoughts and seeing if others agree or disagree, if we can provide this clarity when needed then this will save a lot of hassle for staff and confusion for members, we don't expect members to agree with each all the time and that is fine but please have the courtesy of replying with a follow up post if it isn't obviously clear why you have given the 'Dumb' or even 'Disagree' rating.

The whole point of making this thread and raising the issue was because we are seeing more and more threads been dragged off topic and also members getting a little over excited with each other and posts thus get heated, as staff we end up having to tidy the threads, hand out warnings and/or bans and we end up ruffling a few feathers.

If we can ask members to just take a little thought first if making a negative rating in that it will be clear as to why it was given or does it need a posted reply.
Sometimes negative ratings are pretty self explanatory and don't need any further interaction -

'I think heavy metal is the best music out there' Disagree

but there are many times when the disagree and dumb options are used and it is hard to understand why for the member receiving them, this is where we find things quickly go down hill as members will often chase up for a reply and reasoning as to why they were rated a dumb etc which often leads to a heated exchange, sends the threads off course and staff end up having to intervene.

All we are asking is you give clarity if the rating you gave needs it, we are not against the use of them as that is what the forum is about, fielding ones ideas and thoughts and seeing if others agree or disagree, if we can provide this clarity when needed then this will save a lot of hassle for staff and confusion for members, we don't expect members to agree with each all the time and that is fine but please have the courtesy of replying with a follow up post if it isn't obviously clear why you have given the 'Dumb' or even 'Disagree' rating.
Are you happy that there is a rating which is effectively a way of calling someone stupid?

What’s wrong with the old saying, if you have nothing good to say, then say nothing?.
<Nagging = ON>
This is a tricky one - sometimes it generates a biting of the lip - Say nothing "Smugness"
... You know someones getting a bad habit
-- But play the outsider card ,(too easy)
-- Rather than confront the with their " Bad habit " as a friend ! ....
( Gossiping like women is bad /stressful but often has a purpose -Improvement ) <Nagging = OFF>

Are you happy that there is a rating which is effectively a way of calling someone stupid?
Personally I prefer it wasn't there and somewhat agree with your sentiments but it is an option and I do not have the powers to remove it hence I am posting this thread that members at least expand on it if they wish to use it if is not self explanatory, it will be raised in the staff room and we will look into the options available so as it goes this thread is just an interim measure until we have had the discussion.

As most of the tags/ratings you can add to the post are positive we don't need to reflect on them but with regards to the negative ones, specifically the 'Dumb' and 'Disagree' options, can we ask you add a follow up post to express your opinion and why you are in an opposing stance.

Bet you wished you hadn’t started it now :D

Bet you wished you hadn’t started it now :D

I just think it is time to address this once and for all and also look at the options available, this is not the first time this rating has given staff an headache and if we do nothing then I dare say not the last.

That was just an example of you twisting and spinning Regs.
Again your spinning or straight out lying?
The requirement is that circuits serving the location of a bath or shower have additional protection by an rcd in accordance with 415.1.1.
I’ve never said otherwise.
Please show evidence that I have and I’ll be the bigger man and apologise and admit I am wrong as I have been wrong before, if not then zip it.

Reply to Tagging a post for a rating. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock