Discuss Tagging a post for a rating. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

2 cents worth.

I think the word “dumb” is childish and should be taken as such. If I get a dumb rating, I just accept it as a disagree.
May as well have a “smelly” or “cry baby” tag.
:)

I understand the miss clicking on a phone screen where you might rate some post you didn’t mean to.... but there is an “undo rating” button.

Again your spinning or straight out lying?
The requirement is that circuits serving the location of a bath or shower have additional protection by an rcd in accordance with 415.1.1.
I’ve never said otherwise.
Please show evidence that I have and I’ll be the bigger man and apologise and admit I am wrong as I have been wrong before, if not then zip it.

Why are you biting??

0319EDC3-A22D-4894-A910-E517A7B1A16D.png

A88788EE-98C9-4C3A-8EE8-61FDDCE08DB9.png

Rather than intervention , could a magic room - fork of topic -less in public eye ( over X posts ) ...
Magically appear -as a Thread on track option.
For useful posts ,an easier read
--a lesser option to report ...
--Topic wander button -- for a neater forum ..(could be miss-used-censorship)
(I know , not in software -probably )
---Don't call side room --"Thunder Dome--

I can see the poor mods having fun with this.
So some new-comer asked a question and doesn't get the answer they like, so they get all miffed and start using the 'dumb' rating. The mods then warn the person but he just says "It's in the ratings, I'm just using it."
Then the mod spends the next 15 mins trying to explain to the new person the rules behind this...
Just easier to get the things removed. Yes, I know the mods can't do this. This is down to Dan I presume....

Personally I don't mind the 'Disagree' rating. People are not always going to agree with the posts.
The 'Dumb' and 'Bad Spelling' are just useless.
Not sure what the 'Old' is for.....

Personally I don't mind the 'Disagree' rating. People are not always going to agree with the posts.
The 'Dumb' and 'Bad Spelling' are just useless.
Not sure what the 'Old' is for.....

I think the Old button may be for when people post really old memes or jokes, like ones from the days of HTML emails. Dumb ratings and Bad Spelling buttons are pretty pointless though. Considering most devices these days have system wide spell checking I do wonder how people manage to spell things wrong apart from when auto-correct decides to get funky and offers Birthright when you were after Birthday or sometimes joins 2 halves of 2 different words together and various other random gremlins. Oh, and you might be drunk or tired and miss out connecting words in a sentence, I'm good at that one myself!

I think the Old button may be for when people post really old memes or jokes, like ones from the days of HTML emails. Dumb ratings and Bad Spelling buttons are pretty pointless though. Considering most devices these days have system wide spell checking I do wonder how people manage to spell things wrong apart from when auto-correct decides to get funky and offers Birthright when you were after Birthday or sometimes joins 2 halves of 2 different words together and various other random gremlins. Oh, and you might be drunk or tired and miss out connecting words in a sentence, I'm good at that one myself!

I'm rubbish at spelling and have to use Google to find out how to spell certain words. But most on here get the gist of the posts and there is no need to tell someone their post has spelling mistakes in it, by rating it. My mate Pete corrected one of mine recently just by replying and correcting it. Job done, and I still had time to edit it and correct my post.
The rating thing needs a good looking at though.
Most members, if they disagree with a post will tell you what they disagree with. If I have a post with several opinions in it and someone just rates it 'Disagree' without explaining I usually think 'Muppet' and move on.

I think I've only had one Dumb rating and I assume it was by a student who wasn't just being spoon fed the answers they wanted. In my post I explained the work you had to do but said to refer to the briefing in the questions for specifics. I thought to myself, it took quite some time looking through the big yellow book (even with the help kindly afforded to me by people on this forum) to get my answers, why should you get them for free?

I think I've only had one Dumb rating and I assume it was by a student who wasn't just being spoon fed the answers they wanted. In my post I explained the work you had to do but said to refer to the briefing in the questions for specifics. I thought to myself, it took quite some time looking through the big yellow book (even with the help kindly afforded to me by people on this forum) to get my answers, why should you get them for free?

If you look in your 'Profile Page' mate, you can see what rating you gave and received. You have had 3 Dumb ratings.
The thing with the ratings system is, you can't even click on them to see when you were given them... Utterly useless....

If you look in your 'Profile Page' mate, you can see what rating you gave and received. You have had 3 Dumb ratings.
The thing with the ratings system is, you can't even click on them to see when you were given them... Utterly useless....

:fearscream:In that case I only noticed the one I saw in a thread I was replying to at the time, most likely all lazy students that don't want to do their work. :screamcat:

My 'Alerts' tab shows me when someone adds a tag to my posts?

Mine to mate, but I can't look back at the 12 'Dumb' ratings I have been given to see how many are just members joking with me, people trolling or people who genuinely think I've posted something stupid. Again, utter useless...

:fearscream:In that case I only noticed the one I saw in a thread I was replying to at the time, most likely all lazy students that don't want to do their work. :screamcat:

Don't worry about it mate. The other two are most prob from people who are jealous of you... :)

Wow. If you're an adult and someone clicking a button on the internet has a tangible affect on your life, you should get off the internet and stay off. Pathetic and sad to see internet forums now falling to the current hurt feelings plague sweeping the world.

In my opinion, all the ratings are worth having and nobody should have to explain a rating unless they choose to. Likewise, nobody should let the desire for an explanation of a rating they have received affect their life in any way. This is the internet after all.

Bans should be handed out to bad spellers and lazy contributors who can't be bothered to even attempt to punctuate hundreds of words or fail to capitalise names, not to people handing out ratings.

Reply to Tagging a post for a rating. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net