Discuss Telephone line connecting in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys. I need some advice on how to wire up a master socket to the outside junction box. The wire I have bought to replace the old one is of different colour so I'm a bit confused. I've opened the master and the colours are Orange A and White B. Outside on the wall main socket coming into the house I've opened and the wiring is Orange A and Blue B. Between these two points there's a black capsual which joins the two wires together. Now the new wire (could be old version - I'm not sure) is blue orange green and brown. What I want to do is connect the outside socket to the master socket via the one new cable. I'm wanting to know which new cable colours I connect to the wiring in the outside box. If anyone can help or if you want me to supply images to assist please let me know. Many thanks in advance.

Thanks for The reply. I havent got a voltmeter and I'm hoping to do this quickly and simply without involving the bt costs. Also when I cut old gel crimps off is this safe or is there some form of electricity going through there?

From the image you can see I'm trying to connect the new orange blue green brown wire to the green and black currently been used from the outside. Does it matter which of the 4 colours I connect? Also in which order do those two colours connect to a and b in the master switch. Telephone line connecting Screenshot_20181124-121748 - EletriciansForums.net

Thank you. I will connect these two wires to the new wire but which two colours do I connect to and then which of those colours goes to a and b or can I just use any two colours?

Right the black box on the wall outside has a wire coming in. From the photo you can see that this is the green and black wire been used. I need to connect the new wire to this wire by cutting the blocks off shown in the image and connecting two new ones and then the new wire.

Reply to Telephone line connecting in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock