Discuss The #Novanber petition regards tool thefts in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

My thoughts are that while the government could debate it the real fault lies with inherent shittyness of van security. I have signed it simply because if you don't then maybe you have no right to complain "that the government is doing nothing". I have a company van issued to me (Fiat Ducato) it's ---- locking mechanism means you can open it in two seconds flat by punching a screwdriver through the PLASTIC lock surround and flicking the locking cable. It unlocks the both rear doors at once. Being a Fiat the fault is common to similar Citron and Peugeot vans. You can prevent this type of theft by cutting the cable but this does leave up shat creek if you can't use the electronic locking. Before the brexit debate kicks off this should be combated by a European/world wide requirement for better van security. It's like having a car from the seventy's security wise. The market for some reason doesn't seem to dictate security as a priority on van purchases. Maybe because it lead by large companies that buy thousands of van through a "transport department" who couldn't give a ---- about security just lowest cost and bullpoo MPG.

Sorry to sound negative, but that's just my experience of it.

My thoughts the same savid with regards signing it. Most fleet operators get improved security fitted after market so probably one of the reasons manufacturers think bolloc ks to it

Reply to The #Novanber petition regards tool thefts in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net