Discuss The Snoopers Charter in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Did you know about the snoopers charter ? Its been going on for years

• yes heard about when it started in November 2015 when it started going through the various stages of

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No this is the first I have heard of it

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
Luckily at least for a while yet we have the EU to protect our rights. The snoopers charter has been declared illegal.
Mind we'll be out of Europe eventually and then our government will be free to snoop and more all under the guise of protecting us.

Well its been challenged by the European court of justice. EU judges said communications data could only be retained if it was used to fight serious crime.
I agree the Act was too wide reaching with poor guidelines.
Of course there will be an appeal.

See EU data retention ruling goes against UK government - BBC News - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38390150

There was already an official petition with more than double the required sign-ups but they've declined it already. Petition: Repeal the new Surveillance laws (Investigatory Powers Act) - https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/173199

S##t, I didn't realise the extent of this. I'm gonna have to stop using those gardening & knitting web sites. How am I going to train my clematis and weft & warp.

Reply to The Snoopers Charter in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock