Discuss This might be a stupid question in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Tricky one that. Having received 120v shock between the metal grid and the earth on the klix fittings it is something to consider carefully. The building in question is steel girder and metal roofs with block work and concrete floors. There are three buildings on site and two had this problem. We have in one set jack chain and fluors off of metal girders/roof trusses all metal. In the other Cat II 600 x 600 fluors. One of the failures in the original install was the fly lead from SWA gland and earth bus bar was not installed. It took some thinking about to obviate the problem. So I would say careful consideration and testing before deciding one way or the other.
When in doubt bond it

When in doubt bond it
NOT taking the P--s Megawatt, grateful if you could set my mind at rest , what constitutes a Master Electrician in the US or Canada? when I was working short term in Canada, I got told by the sales person in "Home Depot" you can't have such and such unless you are a Master Electrician, so I asking out of genuine concern, no intention of deriding the term in any way just curious.

NOT taking the P--s Megawatt, grateful if you could set my mind at rest , what constitutes a Master Electrician in the US or Canada? when I was working short term in Canada, I got told by the sales person in "Home Depot" you can't have such and such unless you are a Master Electrician, so I asking out of genuine concern, no intention of deriding the term in any way just curious.

A master electrician is someone who has moved past the apprentice and journeyman stages of their career. ... A journeyman electrician will not have the same experience or licenses as a master electrician. Journeymen may be able to work independently, but do not have complete autonomy.

Basically, just experience, and a different license.

Journeyman would be in my eyes, when I finished my apprenticeship, I was considered an improver for a year after. Qualified, but still needed to pass designs etc through someone more senior.

A master electrician is someone who has moved past the apprentice and journeyman stages of their career. ... A journeyman electrician will not have the same experience or licenses as a master electrician. Journeymen may be able to work independently, but do not have complete autonomy.

Basically, just experience, and a different license.

Journeyman would be in my eyes, when I finished my apprenticeship, I was considered an improver for a year after. Qualified, but still needed to pass designs etc through someone more senior.
Thanks Rob

Reply to This might be a stupid question in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock