Discuss thoughts on this COVID-19 lark in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
SO what is everybody's thoughts on this virus?
In Bath people have stripped the shelves of bog roll, pasta, flour and yeast(very middle class!). no paracetamol to be found anywhere. Soap and hand cleaning gels are completely out of stock.
Its all good and well being hygienic yourself but what about when you go to a customers house or a workplace? If you are relatively fit and young you are likely to pull through okay, if old or other issues then not so god it seems. Either way if it gets bad with loads of cases the self employed are going to take a hit, might have to turn up in a bio hazard suit and full respirator then charge a premium for call outs!
I have decided to make some hand cleaner as demonstrated by bigclive on his youtube channel. Might even make some and flog it! as my 500ml bottle of chemicals will make loads of sanitizer. its not practical to wash your hands when out and about. cost to make the stuff about £20.
View: https://youtu.be/dgY04l0CuEs

well just ordered my bio suit for going to customers jobs and a bottle of whiskey just in case I need to immunise me self . oh I forgot i also order big dippers just in case a sh8T me self . lol.

Whilst it it is a course of concern, it has to be put in prospective, and take advise from our NHS etc. Let’s face at Xmas, people buy out bread, cos they might be out without a slice for a few days.

But in any case, you should wash your hand accordingly.

I have actually considered this.

if there is the possibility of shortages due to panic buying or staff / transport issues

it would be good to keep a few thing in stock??

I have
10kg rice
10kg pasta
a freezer full of veg and other foods
plenty of tinned goods like beans, tomatoes, tuna, spam etc.
flour, yeast, salt, butter

so i could if needed feed a family of 4 on rations for a month or maybe 2 if on rations!!

I have a backup generator that will run the house (9kw) and enough fuel in stock for 1 weeks running 24/7

I am about as prepared as I can be I think.

I suppose the only other thing i could do would be kick out wife and kids, thereby stretching my rations to nearly 6 months.
do you think she will come back when its all over??!!

if I get it and need to self isolate me self in the house I have a plan order stuff food stuff
and ask the delivery driver to push the food through the letter box or have a basket on some rope and drop it through the window .
[automerge]1583433797[/automerge]
More people die from the flu every year
yeah in china .
[automerge]1583433887[/automerge]
I suppose the only other thing i could do would be kick out wife and kids, thereby stretching my rations to nearly 6 months.
do you think she will come back when its all over??!!
where are you living on a desert island .

Quick, put your suits on folks............................................Aitchooooooo.
was thinking of getting one these outfits....
1583434109351.png

It's here.
It's going to spread.
Some people will get minor symptoms.
Some people will get laid up for a few days.
Some people will get laid out for a long time.

All the above based on the most up to date scientific facts available today.

There's no point stripping Supermarket shelves, they'll just keep stocking them up again.

might be a good time to buy shares in Tesco and Aldi.

panic will soon be over when the next bird flu/rabies/suicide bomber/ Trump blunders/gov.ministers found in brothel.....makes new headlines.

Nice to see you use some imagination in the boudoir!

Why has someone posted a picture of me in my dressing gown?
that is a serious breach of my personal liberties.

sorry, got to go now, wife is insisting that i place myself in the stocks so she can practice with her new toy.
;)

I live alone, so a few extra packs of rice and pasta, some UHT milk, will see me through self-isolation no problem.
However, as i said before, don't forget the essentials like loo roll and gin.
and batteries...

Why is the government trying to make everyone panic over this? It's on every news, every paper etc etc. Flu kills every year. Why are they making people panic so much over this one? According to a university of Oxford web site an average of 600 people die every year from flu. Some years this can rise way higher. It's estimated that 2008-2009 over 10,000 deaths were due to flu.
Then again if it means I can start wearing my rubber gear without getting comments in the street then I'm all for it ;)

Reply to thoughts on this COVID-19 lark in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock