Discuss TN-S high Ze in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

you don't rely on RCDs for disconnection times if at all possible. it's a poor DNO earth. let them sort it, then you can get your testing done.

more likely the dozy bint will give you an alternative number that is programmed to play incessant frank sinatra garbage till you get fed up of holding.

look, they have a duty to the phone company see...
in future you may be given options to press...
choose from:

Then it'll ask you to enter lots of details in order to get you through security checks, ready to be put through to a human being who will then go through all of them again. No, my postcode hasn't changed in the last two minutes, dear.

Forget duty engineer IO called Transco for a gas leak and the guy in the call centre could barely talk English not happy with this I called them to say how on earth can anybody report a leak and then said O by the way I had to pay for the call as my mobile provider would not allow a free call and it would also be nice to be thanked a bit like this forum actually

that's half the problem with everything today. you sign up for something with a british company, everything is OK and then you get a problem. so you phone the 24 hour help line and get talking to someone who sounds like the punka wallah. can't understand a word.

that's half the problem with everything today. you sign up for something with a british company, everything is OK and then you get a problem. so you phone the 24 hour help line and get talking to someone who sounds like the punka wallah. can't understand a word.
Whey thas them caal senta thingys intha toon ye knaa, wu aal talk propa hea an ye cin unastend wu perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
you don't rely on RCDs for disconnection times if at all possible. it's a poor DNO earth. let them sort it, then you can get your testing done.
agreed...its cheap n slovenly..
theres no reason why a well designed system with a stable, reliable means of earthing cannot meet disconnection times without the magic `RCDs`...it bloody well should be doing anyway...

Just as a side project mate. Got to keep the wolf from the door :)
sometimes when i come home in a bad mood...i howl at the moon....

images.jpg

Barry, I scent blood. Yours, very soon with the mood this lot seem to be in. A RCD is NOT the solution. At best it's a quick bodged fix.

I don't know Tony, There are a few here that seem to think an RCD is the ''cover-all'' answer to non performing TT systems!! When you think about it, it all boils down to exactly the same thing!! lol!!

We have said, get the DNO in to improve the earth, ring them up, and in the meantime whilst waiting if your concerned install an rcd

Reply to TN-S high Ze in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net