Discuss Token Operated EV Charger in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

t01474

-
Reaction score
Evening everybody.

A Landlord who's pub I do a bit of work in called me today to discuss putting an EV Charger in for customer use.
His idea was to charge £x for 60mins. I vaguely remember that Rolec had a token operated EV Charger but I'm not sure if they still make it. A fair bit of Google research was to no avail.
I don't think that RFID operated would work too well for him, nor would app based (bar staff change shifts, no body remembers that Mr Smith has had his hour of charging and the app needs switching off).
Does anybody know of a token or even coin operated charger? Ideally 400v 22kW?

Thanks in advance, Terry

My EV charger (for customer use) is fed by a card operated meter. Customer buys £10, £5 or £1 cards from me, and uses them at their leisure. Overnight at half price, if they want to reduce costs.

My EV charger (for customer use) is fed by a card operated meter. Customer buys £10, £5 or £1 cards from me, and uses them at their leisure. Overnight at half price, if they want to reduce costs.
That sounds more like what he was after. Is it RFID cards? I assume you pre-load them with X hours or such and hand them over to the customer? Do you mind me asking which EV charger you use please and if there are any back end software costs involved?

Nothing high tec about my set up. Charger is a 7kW Rolec and the meter is one that was left over from when there was a permanent tenant in one of my holiday cottages. Cards are credit card sized cardboard with a magnetic strip. Pushing the card in registers the amount in pounds and cancels the card.
If they don't use up all their credit before they leave, it's a nice bonus for the next customer along.

Reply to Token Operated EV Charger in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net