• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss total ecu meltdown car broke., dead. in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
just a weird one here. driving along, slow, in traffic, suddenly warning comes on " tryepressure system fault", then power steering fails, then IBIL roigh sensor fail" then RBIS left sensor fail, then engine stalls, won't restart. stuck in left lane of dual carriageway, hazzards on but still several drivers drove within 2 ft. of my back bumper and the could not manoevre past due to being blocked in from behind ( 80% of these were women). finally, 2 kind blokes help push into side street ti get rid of the traffic jam. them other warnings on dash.... child locks inoperative boot lid open, and a host of other things, can't recall all.finally, no central locking, dashboard lights not coming on. time for a tow truck. i have sussed it this morning and it's all sorted now. just a fishing trip see if any members can deduce the problem.

btw it's a ford cmax, 2012.

I had a similar thing on my focus, turned out to be a bad joint on the multipin connector on the back of the dash clocks where its soldered to the board. Must hve been one of the pins for can bus as all the computers could no longer see each other so it threw uo loads of errors including the imobiliser which stopped the engine

Reply to total ecu meltdown car broke., dead. in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back