Discuss Tumble dryer blowing cold air in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

JayKay70

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hi all,

We have a Hotpoint FETV60CP and all of a sudden it's stopped blowing hot air, just cold air.
  • Door closes fine
  • Drum turns fine
  • No blockages in the outlet tube
  • All filters are clean
Everthing works fine, apart from no hot air.

I have attached a picture of the element, me looking at it i would not know if it's good or bad, maybe someone here can?

Or acould it be the high heat/low heat button not functioning correctly, hope it's not that, way to technical for me.

Any ideas most welcome.

Jay

Attachments

• Element.JPG
    314.7 KB · Views: 18
difficult to say, looking at that. if element is OK, main cause is the overheat cut-outs. these are located in the region of the element. they may have just tripped or become faulty. usually can be reset by pressing. a check with a multimeter should trace any problem.

1620465104745.pngor read here:

difficult to say, looking at that. if element is OK, main cause is the overheat cut-outs. these are located in the region of the element. they may have just tripped or become faulty. usually can be reset by pressing. a check with a multimeter should trace any problem.

View attachment 85531or read here:
I opened it back up and found 2 x Overheat Cutouts (see piccy 1 as sample).

I pressed both of them and they both felt kinda dead, dunno how to explain it, also one of them was recessed and the other one was more proud.

I used a multimeter (never used one before) and put it on continuity and tested the legs (see piccy 2) and i heard nothing, i done it on the other one and it was the same.

Do you think they are dead?

Is it better for me to buy the whole element as it comes with the overheat cutouts already?

Jay

Attachments

• Piccy 1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Piccy 2.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 15
try a test of the element/s first. you should read about 25ohms. if you are not getting a close to zero reading across each cut-out, then that cut-out is duff. if just tripped, it should click back on when pressed. any cut-out with the same temp.rating should do. onlyafew quid to buy.

Reply to Tumble dryer blowing cold air in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net