• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss TVG Electrolock Problem Ford Transit Connect in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I have just purchased a 2017 Ford Transit Connect with TVG security locks. The locks work intermittently and I would like to disconnect them and just use the original central locking system. I have read a similar thread here which is now closed. TVG will not communicate with me on this unfortunately as I am not the original owner.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,TVG are decent,high end security and as such,do not make such information readily available,for obvious reasons.

It should be possible,if the vehicle has come through normal supply chains,to get you linked as the lawful owner.

To remove,you will either have to know how much inter-connection there is,with the existing vehicle system,or,have someone capable (that's polite for NOT Jim three doors down,who has fitted the odd tow-bar...;)) to strip and assess.

The vehicle is not old,and the gear is known,so,i would try to get it up and functioning,as a benefit to yourself,and a handy boost to any resale value.

....While you are reading this,just check it's still parked where you left it.....they're TWOC'in em' 3 a night,round here...:rolleyes:

I have just purchased a 2017 Ford Transit Connect with TVG security locks. The locks work intermittently and I would like to disconnect them and just use the original central locking system. I have read a similar thread here which is now closed. TVG will not communicate with me on this unfortunately as I am not the original owner.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Hi there.
I have a similar issue and want to disable the TVG system and revert back to the vehicle central locking.
Did you manage to get a solution at all.
Cheers.

Hi there.
I have a similar issue and want to disable the TVG system and revert back to the vehicle central locking.
Did you manage to get a solution at all.
Cheers.

Just follow the wires that exit from the modules. You will find where the TVG guys cut the original wires and connect the wires from the modules. Is just to connect again the van wires to the wires that goes to the door and you revert to the original central locking.

Reply to TVG Electrolock Problem Ford Transit Connect in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back