Discuss UK electrician working in Sweden? in the Non UK Electrical Works area at ElectriciansForums.net

Josh Tinto

EF Member
I'm newly qualified and looking at a job doing industrial work in Sweden, however I'm a bit sceptical as I'm not sure how much different it is to UK electrics? I know sockets etc are different, but is there much difference as a whole in terms of how difficult it would be to change to swedish electrics from being used to UK electrics?

H

Trainee Access
From various times spent the in those sorts of regions sockets tend to be 2 pin only as we’ve always had to take uk adapters.

Pete999

Forum Mentor
I'm newly qualified and looking at a job doing industrial work in Sweden, however I'm a bit sceptical as I'm not sure how much different it is to UK electrics? I know sockets etc are different, but is there much difference as a whole in terms of how difficult it would be to change to swedish electrics from being used to UK electrics?
You need to do some serious research before you commit to this action Josh, you could try the Swedish Embassy for some background, I'm sure they would be willing to help. if Swedish electrics are akin to Finnish electrics then it is very different, if my memory serves me well I think they use DP mcbs etc, circular type cables, nothing you won't get any problems with, just different. Good luck. Get some flared trousers and change your name to Benny:tongue::):rolleyes:

Pete999

Forum Mentor
If it's anything like Finland, it's a doddle

Lucien Nunes

Respected Member
There are lots of detail differences, the UK has more or less its own materials and methods that are not used anywhere else in Europe. But the electricity itself is the same, so you don't need to re-learn the theory!

Electrician Talk