Currently reading:
unbelievable. own van and tools for this.

Discuss unbelievable. own van and tools for this. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well your entitled to your view, which I respect, I just do not agree, no hard feelings.
Of course there's no hard feelings, I wouldn't mess with you if look anything like your profile pic!
Your quite right, the people that have completed the 17 day course are a million miles away from being an electrician, in any sense of the word, but surely if they received further training they can progress?? Also, as E54 said, there's only 6 days difference between the Electrical Trainee and the 17 day boys, so what can they be taught in those 6 days?? I assume the 17 day course consists of single phase, domestic training, which means the Electrical Trainee's will be taught all there is to know about 3 phase, commercial & industrial in 6 days?? That's unrealistic to say the least

- - - Updated - - -

well...i think we need to know what the reddys were per hour first....dont we...

Assuming you are going to be paid Glenn?? lol

I did a 5 week course a couple of years ago and must admit it doesnt teach anything of real use or understanding. They mainly teach you how to pass exams. I straight away got in with a small local firm and learnt more in a day on site than in those 5 weeks. I quickly realised i had been mugged off but what could i do. I am still working part time for this firm and now feel competent, i am looking at proper college courses to back up my practical knowledge with theory now.

Of course there's no hard feelings, I wouldn't mess with you if look anything like your profile pic!
Your quite right, the people that have completed the 17 day course are a million miles away from being an electrician, in any sense of the word, but surely if they received further training they can progress?? Also, as E54 said, there's only 6 days difference between the Electrical Trainee and the 17 day boys, so what can they be taught in those 6 days?? I assume the 17 day course consists of single phase, domestic training, which means the Electrical Trainee's will be taught all there is to know about 3 phase, commercial & industrial in 6 days?? That's unrealistic to say the least

- - - Updated - - -

Assuming you are going to be paid Glenn?? lol
oh...i assure you i would....

Reply to unbelievable. own van and tools for this. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock