Discuss Underfloor Heating in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I

irishsailor

I have been asked about underfloor heating, Can you please advise on best types, The client has asked about mesh types. Can tese be installed off a ring via an FCU??

Need to know a bit more really, type will depend on what floor you intend to put down ie, tiles, wood etc and as to power consumption this depends on two factors do you want back ground heat or sole source of heat wattage per meter of mat varies quite a lot, and also what sort of area you intend to cover.

iv'e done it in bathrooms, mat system depends on the area of the matting, this was approx 3sq mtrs 100w per mtr =600watt in total, fed by Rcd fcu off the ring via programer, oh and don't forget the temperature probe.

iv'e done it in bathrooms, mat system depends on the area of the matting, this was approx 3sq mtrs 100w per mtr =600watt in total, fed by Rcd fcu off the ring via programer, oh and don't forget the temperature probe.

Heat mats are genrally rated in watts per squate metre so 3m2 @100w/m2 = 300w in total
most common types are;
background heat = 100w/m2
intermediate = 150w/m2
sole source = 200w/m2
(oh and goo point about probe.....seen it done)

I have fitted plenty of Heatmat systems and seem to be fairly reliable.

However, i think with all types, you must make sure that any unused sections are also tiled over.

Otherwise the mat will overheat and burn out and this isnt covered by any warranty.

last time i done them 2 bathrooms the client orderd them from the bathroom centre gave them the measurements
they came in boxes marked up bathroom 1/2 they were exact with factory sealed insulated ends
just rolled them up to one end cut the web turn it over roll it back ect untill complete

Reply to Underfloor Heating in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock