Discuss Underground twin wall ducting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Spireite

Hi guys, just looking for a bit of advice on what to use. As I work in new build commercial work, trenches and ducting is installed by grounds workers so usually just pull through what they installed and to services hatches ect.

however what I'm wanting to do it lay 2 X 50mm ish twin wall ducting, one for power and one for data and tv points ect. I'll be burying at deeper than half meter with sand ect, however entry to the house is where I'm a bit stumped. I'm used to the ducting being installed within the concrete, however to do that now would mean smashing the ground of the house to bits to get the 2 ducts from the inside to the outside. Plus with it being 2 ducts it would be a rather big hole!

would an easier way of doing this have some sort of junction box on the outside of the house at very low level with the ducting some how bushed into the box? Would be an easy job of just drilling through the wall with some plastic tube as protection to get them indoors?

dont do Any house bashing so any tips would be appreciated,

Core drill a couple of 65mm holes at an angle through the slab to your trench and take the ducting up into the property

I've never had a problem if you drill at an angle so your hole comes out below ground level you should not touch the DPC

Once you put the ducts in grout round them to seal the slab and once you have the cables installed I would put a polythene bag in the end of the duct and put some expanding foam into it to close the duct off

Reply to Underground twin wall ducting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Evening all, Currently 1st fixing new extension however the existing cooker hood duct which was on outside wall will now be part of new utility...
Replies
Views
Happy New Year all. Quick question regarding cable sizing. I have a 25m run from DB to car charging unit. The 25m run will mean approx 8m is run...
Replies
Views
Evening everyone . Currently looking at pricing a job up . It’s a hot tub supply . Outside socket with a few spare ways in an outdoor cu . 10mm...
Replies
Views
I bought this house a couple months ago. It was built in 1952 (same as me) but has been rewired with yellow 12 awg Romex dated 2007. Looks like a...
Replies
Views
I'm obviously still new and learning about what I can and cannot do, but essentially I want to install an EVSE at my own house for an electric...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock