Discuss Unusual 2 way switching. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Seems very complicated just for a loft light. Can't you tuck a neon indication in a wardrobe or cupboard upstairs so it's not on show.
If you wired from the loft light switch, through a a switched fused spur (with neon) then onto your loft light, you then have the option to isolate the loft light from the switched fused spur if you found you accidentally left the loft light on.

I'd think I'd rather that then someone turn off the landing light while I'm trying to work in the loft.
AJshep, It looks like I may have to do just this. I have found a cheap 240v 5a LED (£3ish from my local trade store).

My problem was not that someone turning off the landing lights would turn off the loft lights, it was that linking the loft and landing SW L connections works in both directions. Therefore whilst I could get the landing light to come on when the loft light was on, it also works the other way around, when the landing lights are on, the loft light is also on and I don't want that behavior either.

I did consider using a high voltage diode, but that would only allow + current flow so I would get some very odd behavior from the landing lights (probably flashing 52 times a second), but this would be a hack at best and I am not skilled enough in electronics to build full wave.

Take care and thanks for your help!

Reply to Unusual 2 way switching. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Suggestions / solutions please anyone? I have a 2 way switch, Hall and Landing, power being fed on Landing. When the switch is turned on, the...
Replies
Views
Strange on this, we are wiring an extension at the moment and I would like to 3 way the (currently 2 way) landing switch to the new bedroom so...
Replies
Views
Is the following set up possible with a 3 Gang 2 Way Smart Wifi Switch set up (the black glass type touch ones) One of the 3 switches, switches...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I've moved into a flat and I've decided to replace the original electric switches and sockets with white ones. I've done them all...
Replies
Views
Hi I want to add a light to my attic. There is a single switch on the landing that I want to change to a double switch and then use it to still...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock