Currently reading:
USA politics, recent events.

Discuss USA politics, recent events. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Did Trump do a good Job as President.

• No

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Yes but he was a bit of a loose cannon (said stupid stuff).

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • No better or worse than Obama

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
I'd put big money on it! Slowing the postal service, removal of drop off boxes, intimidation at the polling stations, thugs baying at the windows of the vote counting stations - these are just some of the things they didn't even try to hide.

Thugs? Don't you mean Republican observers that had been denied their constitutional right to observe the count, you know, while the Democrat counters were counting the ballots they were printing. ?

Thanks GB but I know how shorting works, I just don't believe anyone shorting a company like Gamestop will have any discernible on pension funds. I don't think your explanation does it for me.
Sorry for the egg sucking lesson but the numbers involved are in the tens of billons and, without a government bail out (that I fully expect), the necessary sell off will drive down stocks.

..or in a sane world, where risky shysters suffer the consequences of their greed, this is what should happen.

Right, my last post here! I'm going back to the land of sanity and staying there.

There was no fraud in the recent US election, other than the fraction of a percent that usually happens.
Dead people voted. There are always some elderly and sick who send in a postal vote early, and die before election day.
Trump is by far the worst president the US has had in modern times, and will be remembered as such.
Trump knowingly incited his followers to attempt an insurrection.
Trump has killed several hundred thousand of his citizens by his ignorance and incompetence in handling the Covid pandemic.
His actions have advanced China economically, at the expense of the US
He has made the US a laughing stock in most of the world.
There is no secret organisation of child eating paedophiles, based in the non existent basement of a pizza parlour, or anywhere else.
The Holocaust happened.
It is incredible that the best the US can come up with to oppose Trump is Biden, but it's a start.

Right, my last post here! I'm going back to the land of sanity and staying there.

There was no fraud in the recent US election, other than the fraction of a percent that usually happens.
Dead people voted. There are always some elderly and sick who send in a postal vote early, and die before election day.
Trump is by far the worst president the US has had in modern times, and will be remembered as such.
Trump knowingly incited his followers to attempt an insurrection.
Trump has killed several hundred thousand of his citizens by his ignorance and incompetence in handling the Covid pandemic.
His actions have advanced China economically, at the expense of the US
He has made the US a laughing stock in most of the world.
There is no secret organisation of child eating paedophiles, based in the non existent basement of a pizza parlour, or anywhere else.
The Holocaust happened.
It is incredible that the best the US can come up with to oppose Trump is Biden, but it's a start.
The thing is this, with Trump I've seen with my own eyes the things he does and says. I don't have to rely on internet searches, it's all there to see, I've watched it over the years.

As far as I'm concerned his presidential campaign should have ended the day he mocked a disabled journalist during the 2016 primaries. Can anyone honestly claim that this would not have ended any British politicians career? let alone a bid to lead the party.

Hes not very p .c I'll grant that and he has said many embarrassing things .On a personal note I think his comments about senatorJohn Mcain ,( Vietnam war hero and tortured p.o.w) were terribly crass .He said he wasnt very smart because he was captured and that he prefers smart people that dont get captured. As I have said on a personal level I dont like the guy but I do think he was a good president despite all the opposition and under handed tactics the democrats threw at him. I do like the fact that he wouldnt be bullied and he was prepared to give some back.

He was on a parr with Hitler for the sheer destruction he could have caused had he stayed in power.

Of course they, did more than any president in history.....

Are there really people that believe that 80 million people voted for Biden?

Nowt as Queer as folk as me gran used to say, she's been dead thirty years so probably voted for him herself.
Yes there are, except Trump supporters of course who think the election was rigged lol

I'm posting for myself and not as a representative of any 'guys'. I'm not looking for evidence to support any claims, but pointing out that much news is selectively reported.

The Biden video shows what I suggested it did: that Joe Biden sat on a stage and recounted how he'd pressured Ukraine into firing the prosecutor that was investigating his son This is 100% factually correct, regardless of whether you believe it was coincidental or by design.

I'm not sure how to reconcile you statement that "resulted in stirring hysteria and the resultant violent mob.", when in the same paragraph you admit to 'not really' having listened to his speech. Those conflicting statements could be construed as meaning you accepted news reports (that you now know to have carefully selected what they were reporting) at face value.

On a different note; Trump's twitter ban didn't actually result from him having gone too far, but was actually implemented after a surprisingly innocuous tweet. I'm not claiming that Trump didn't tweet a lot of contentious comments, but making the point that those weren't actually the reason for his ban.
Hmmm didn't get any alerts after my last post; my conspiracy theory is Darkwood is trying the thwart me from replying ?

I was trying to be polite to you 'Guys'.

The Biden conspiracy theory has been widely debunked. He wanted the prosecutor fired, but not for the reasons you think. I can't find any reference, that supports the theory, apart from that Republican report, which doesn't seem to be worth paper its written on

IMO, after reading looking at all the reports videos, Trumps behaviour before his speech & during fed the crowd, which resulted in the invasion of the Capitol building. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.

But on your last point, at least we agree on something.

The thing is this, with Trump I've seen with my own eyes the things he does and says. I don't have to rely on internet searches, it's all there to see, I've watched it over the years.

As far as I'm concerned his presidential campaign should have ended the day he mocked a disabled journalist during the 2016 primaries. Can anyone honestly claim that this would not have ended any British politicians career? let alone a bid to lead the party.

Not this again.....

No he didn't, he used the same gesture as he always did to demonstrate incompetence, there are other example available.

But, this is Trump all over he wouldn't be groomed for office, he wouldn't be guided and left himself open to this kind of attack.

While we're at it he never said he can grab women by their -------. He didn't put babies in cages, he didn't collude with the Russians, boo hiss, in fact you'd be very hard pressed to find any truth accusations from the left.

This is the problem with taking your lead from those who's panties come factory knotted is, they are always looking for something to be outraged by, someone to offend them. They build a good argument but its like a mural on a derelict shop window, they don't take much scratching to see through.

Trump didn't have the sense to see the danger in this kind of attack, or thought by drawing them he would spotlight what a bunch of sixth form student activists the modern left is.

Not this again.....

No he didn't, he used the same gesture as he always did to demonstrate incompetence, there are other example available.

But, this is Trump all over he wouldn't be groomed for office, he wouldn't be guided and left himself open to this kind of attack.

While we're at it he never said he can grab women by their -------. He didn't put babies in cages, he didn't collude with the Russians, boo hiss, in fact you'd be very hard pressed to find any truth accusations from the left.

This is the problem with taking your lead from those who's panties come factory knotted is, they are always looking for something to be outraged by, someone to offend them. They build a good argument but its like a mural on a derelict shop window, they don't take much scratching to see through.

Trump didn't have the sense to see the danger in this kind of attack, or thought by drawing them he would spotlight what a bunch of sixth form student activists the modern left is.
He does use spray tan though; that’s not normal, unless your from Essex. ?

Not this again.....

I find it incredible that you can put out a post like this and then at the end call me a sixth form student with my knickers in a twist. Anyone reading this can see who's 'panties come factory knotted'.

All I said is that I judge Trump, and Biden for that matter and Johnson and everyone in the political arena on what I see.

I do think he was mocking a disabled journalist, you can mitigate this by claiming he always does this to demonstrate incompetence, fine, just post a link and I'll reconsider my view. As you say there must be plenty of examples available so it should be easy for you.

If he never mentioned grabbing a woman by her -----, why on earth did he apologize for just that. Strange behaviour.

Children most certainly were put in cages under his watch, I don't use this to attack Trump though because I have no idea if he was involved directly. The cages were already there, they were built during Obama's tenure.

Russian collusion, probably happened but see above.

Other things I’ve seen with my own eyes.

Blatant misogyny, racism, attacking the parents of dead servicemen, insulting John Mcain.

There will be more but I need to go to work, not, you’ll be pleased to know, going to my 6th form common room.

I’ll happily take ‘modern left’ though.

The disabled mocking fully explained.

12minutes long.

Please try to be open minded as you'll see his action was habitual and, though optically awful, was not directed against the reporter, was not indicative of his disability and Trump didn't even know who the guy was.

As for the misogyny and racism these are banded about far to liberally and the issues much too complex to discuss in any reasonable time frame here but all I'll say is that women and people of colour that Trump agreed with and showed competence did very well in his organisations and Government. Those he didn't agree with or he thought incompetent did not, its only these people calling him racist and misogynistic, whodathunkit?

Finally I didn't call you personally anything and never will you chose to align yourself with a group I ridiculed, deservedly for being oversensitive attention ------.

I am not the only one who thinks this way, maybe the modern left has an optics problem, you know, their appearance doesn't reflect their intention, rather reminiscent of a great former president.?

Reply to USA politics, recent events. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net