Discuss Useful connectors from toolstation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Of course you can say male and female!
You can tell which gender they are just by looking at them...and they can't change-even if they wanted to!

Connectors are inert mechanical things, not flesh and blood! Plus, they don't take offence if you addresss them inappropriately.

Fair point Onlqqker...
but, it IS a male connector, or, its counterpart IS a female connector and there is nothing that will make me change that terminology.

"Excuse me, gender-neutral person, please pass me a sticky-out connector..."
I suppose you could call them inlet and outlet...

Frankly, I'm fed-up with all this so-called political correctness...I have an acquaintance who is gender-confused, and he/she refuses to address me as Pirate, like many do, because apparently, I'm not actually his/her view of what a Pirate should be, so consequently it is an incorrect label blah, blah, blah...
Fekoff!
I have absolutely no problem with people who have different views on gender, I'm just tired fof being bombarded with new "rules"...I risk offending because I don't keep up with the changes and trends. Give me a break, I'll do my best, and never intend to offend.

I don't know what is in vogue for people with dark skin. Is it coloured, people of colour, black...it seems to change with the wind. I never describe people by the colour of their skin anyway.

However, this thread is going a bit off-topic!
One day I may tell you a funny story about a case in Glasgow Sheriff Court...but not right now.
However, I can reveal that a former client of mine who was born in Pakistan, and who I saw many times over a number of years, once came to my office and when I opened my internal office door and beckoned him in with a cheery "Hello Mr Singh!" he approached in a theatrical, hesitant way, squinting at me from the reception area and said "Is that you Mr R?"
"yes, of course" I replied...

He shrugged, smiled, and said
"Oh, sorry, but all you white guys look the same to me!"
I miss him...

Is it still politically correct to say 'male' and female' connectors or are they now 'transgender connectors'?

To the scheme assessor..

"Yeah the cables choose their own polarity, it's biggoted to restrict them with outdated lables, we don't use 'live' and 'neutral' anymore there a literally hundreds of accepted polarities these days."

Don't any of you move to France the female male gender is very alive in the language let alone on the streets.
I always remember little Johnny at school... asking his French teacher why a door is 'La Port' (i.e. feminine for those that didn't know) when they have knobs.

She swiftly responded that they can also have knockers !

You joke about connectors being inanimate etc I was speaking to a satellite guy from sky yesterday, he said that one of the jobsworths these firms hire as consultants suggested that the f type connectors no longer be referred to as male or female but instead referred to as positive or negative. thankfully the managers saw better of it and told them they can suggest it to the engineers and see how it goes down.. idea now been abandoned!!

Reply to Useful connectors from toolstation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net