• Thread starter millwall ken
  • Start date
  • Replies 192
  • Views 15K

Currently reading:
Useless fact of the day post!!!

Discuss Useless fact of the day post!!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

The antibacterial components of antibacterial soaps (usually triclosan or, less commonly, triclocarbon) needs to be left on a surface for about two minutes in order to work. Most people are not this patient, and end up washing off the soap before the antibacterial ingredients can do their job. thats me

Dolphins are one of the few animals other than humans known to mate for reasons other than reproduction and especially male Bottlenose Dolphins are known to engage in sexual acts with other dolphin species, which is not always consensual, though the Bottlenose may also be submissive in such encounters. Occasionally, dolphins will also show sexual behaviour towards humans. dont even think about it, it didnt work with monkeys

copyright of random trvia

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you can answer this question that has puzzled me for ages:

If you are in a space ship, travelling at the speed of light, and turn your head lights on......do they do you any good?????

Maybe you can answer this question that has puzzled me for ages:If you are in a space ship, travelling at the speed of light, and turn your head lights on......do they do you any good?????
The head lights would work as per normal. The light projected from them would be traveling at 2 x the speed of light if viewed at a stationary position. BTW the speed of light is not the fastest thing in the universe, its just the fastest thing that we have discovered so far. If a car was traveling at that speed and turned the headlights on, you would have just invented the fastest thing that we know of. Look at it this way, if you were stud on top of a train traveling at 100mph and threw a tennis ball in the same direction at 100mph the ball would be traveling at 100mph as from the train and 200mph if measured from the ground. If you threw the ball towards the rear of the train it would be traveling at 200mph away from you but it would be motionless from looking at it from the ground (gravity not taken into effect).

Maybe you can answer this question that has puzzled me for ages:

If you are in a space ship, travelling at the speed of light, and turn your head lights on......do they do you any good?????

Yes.the headlamp light will still travel at the speed of light relative to you

Dont do it though,I hear its an offence to shine your lights at the dark side of the moon,3 points and a caution,and its issued the day before you commit the offence by the rapid response police

The head lights would work as per normal. The light projected from them would be traveling at 2 x the speed of light if viewed at a stationary position. BTW the speed of light is not the fastest thing in the universe, its just the fastest thing that we have discovered so far. If a car was traveling at that speed and turned the headlights on, you would have just invented the fastest thing that we know of. Look at it this way, if you were stud on top of a train traveling at 100mph and threw a tennis ball in the same direction at 100mph the ball would be traveling at 100mph as from the train and 200mph if measured from the ground. If you threw the ball towards the rear of the train it would be traveling at 200mph away from you but it would be motionless from looking at it from the ground (gravity not taken into effect).

Kids in school were asked what the fastest thing in the world was
jenny said "its blinking Miss we blink hundreds and hundreds of times without thinking " Very good said teacher
freddy said " its ELECTRICITY miss When I turn the light on its ON before i blink" Very good Fred
Sandra says "Its thought Miss we think thousands and thousands of thinks without realising it !" Very good OK Jonny what do you think it is?
Wee Jonny says "Its Dihorea Miss" How do you work that out Jonny? " Well last night we had a curry n my belly was sore before I could think blink or turn the light on Id Keeched myself!!"

Yes.the headlamp light will still travel at the speed of light relative to you

Dont do it though,I hear its an offence to shine your lights at the dark side of the moon,3 points and a caution,and its issued the day before you commit the offence by the rapid response police

have to consult with pink floyd on that one des. they own the dark side of the moon.

I only said it for a laugh, but I'm really glad for your answer, its what I've always argued, while others have said you would travel at the same speed so never catch up with it!!

Thanks

battle of the nile, trafalgar. can't remember the other one. something to do with a reluctant cabin boy?

tenerife was a defeat for nelson. copenhagen, nile, trafalgar were victories.

edit. danish cabin boy, right LOL.

I'd join you for one Ken but i gave the things up at the weekend:hurray:

As much as I love my history mate, I just couldn't think of any other battles that he (Nelson) was involved in. AND I THOUGHT that cavalry wanted the battles BEFORE Trafalgar. A couple of minutes ago, I thought of cadiz - but that wasn't a battle in the truest sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Useless fact of the day post!!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock