Discuss using swa cable for spanking session in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Marty48

thought that would get some attention!!

hi guys can i get your views on using swa.

1 do you find it difficult to use or ok ?
2 have you ever injured yourself whilst "making off " cable
3 would you consider buying a tool that means you no longer need a hacksaw and stanley
4 have you ever overcut/undercut the strands
5 how much would you consider reasonable for such a tool -baring in mind that the bladerunner cost approx £25.
6 any other probs you can think of feel free to add
works on any swa cable upto 50mm but could make it bigger
your thoughts please
cheers marty:confused:

Deja vu anyone???

1 do you find it difficult to use or ok ? Ok, but can be a pain in the arse
2 have you ever injured yourself whilst "making off " cable No
3 would you consider buying a tool that means you no longer need a hacksaw and stanley Probably not if that was it's only use
4 have you ever overcut/undercut the strands No
5 how much would you consider reasonable for such a tool -baring in mind that the bladerunner cost approx £25. No idea
6 any other probs you can think of feel free to add Minds a blank at the moment

Marty - I meant to say. I know of a company looking for a tool they can take to market cos everyone is saying the kewtechnic stripper is pants. Interested?

Last edited by a moderator:
thought that would get some attention!!

hi guys can i get your views on using swa.

1 do you find it difficult to use or ok ?
Quite like it actually, I'm not sad or lick windows or anything it's just that the environment you're working in is clean, no other trades in the way 'cause they've got no business being in a switch room.
2 have you ever injured yourself whilst "making off " cable
yep, shifted a loop of 4c35mm foru feet out of the way and braced it against the cabinet under its own tension, it slipped, swung, cracked me in the side of the head and razzed across my eyeball. Jeezus that hurt, could have been a LOT worse. (the old man lost his left eye from a rebounding crampet! spooky)
3 would you consider buying a tool that means you no longer need a hacksaw and stanley
Never, which ones would I chuck in the lifeboat? a bit of single purpose kit or the knife and the saw?
4 have you ever overcut/undercut the strands
Yes, fortunately a tiddler and could pinch a bit by shifting it around on the tray, this doesn't always work! More embarrassing was the site engineer who had a habit of hedging his bets on the estimating and was presented with the resulting mountain of "bits for luck" his inability to measure had created.
5 how much would you consider reasonable for such a tool -baring in mind that the bladerunner cost approx £25.
F*ck all, ....old skool.
6 any other probs you can think of feel free to add
works on any swa cable upto 50mm but could make it bigger
your thoughts please
cheers marty:confused:
Don't bother, so it saves 20 seconds, christ is life THAT short? Just more 'one use' cack in the bottom of the toolbox. A triumph of the salesman's art over sense I reckon, I've never felt the need for one mind you I ring pyro's wiff me teef! :cool:

Great answers carter ,hes heard it all before(see previous posts) ,those of us who have worked with armoured are not interested in his tool ,its a shame because he seems to have dedicated his life to inventing it,anyway i googled spanking with electric cable and came up with this,i havent posted the link or pictures because of the forum rules but it made me laugh out loud
EXTREME WHIPPING WITH ELECTRICAL CABLE - NASTY MISTRESS & SCALLYWAG
This is extremely funny as well as being extremely hard. Nasty Mistress forces her slave to dance around the room while she whips him with an electricity cable. This is an extremely hard way to be punished as the cable really stings the body and leaves savage marks on the skin. Nasty Mistress humiliates the slave by insulting his dancing and calling him alsorts of nasty names. The marks on the slaves body at the end of this scene give a good example of how extreme the whipping is.

Try it on the apprentice.

Marty - I meant to say. I know of a company looking for a tool they can take to market cos everyone is saying the kewtechnic stripper is pants. Interested?

Very, so long as it'll do bigger than 50mm or you offer 2 sizes. (is that really the max for this thing?) it's not like 50 mils are a major ballache, it's the bigger sizes were it would have more application maybe.

If you want a CAD fellah I'm up for it, do a bit of that kida thing.

Got to be decent 'kwality' there's enough tat and gimmicks out there. You know when you pick up a well made tool and it has "mass" if y'know what I mean. You know it's going to last and be really nice to use.

Rotating guides for a junior saw as part of its frame for ringing the steel wire perfectly square?

...,hes heard it all before(see previous posts) ,those of us who have worked with armoured are not interested in his tool ,its a shame because he seems to have dedicated his life to inventing it

Aha, right, didn't suss that, shall have another looksee.
It's not that I wouldn't buy one per se it's just that armoureds by their nature require some 'beef' and unless the end product weighs at least 2lb I feel it's gonna be too flimsy for the environment. If it cost £80 but felt like it could do good service then I wouldn't even be looking at the price.
Maybe rather than a single 'universal' tool the job would be better addressed with a kit of units rather like you have strippers, ringing tool, potting tool and crimp tool for pyro.

EXTREME WHIPPING WITH ELECTRICAL CABLE - NASTY MISTRESS & SCALLYWAG
This is extremely funny as well as being extremely hard. Nasty Mistress forces her slave to dance around the room while she whips him with an electricity cable. This is an extremely hard way to be punished as the cable really stings the body and leaves savage marks on the skin. Nasty Mistress humiliates the slave by insulting his dancing and calling him alsorts of nasty names. The marks on the slaves body at the end of this scene give a good example of how extreme the whipping is.

Try it on the apprentice.

When the missus crashes out eh! Don't want her getting any ideas along the same lines. I hope to see eye protection in place of course and hope the flex has been PAT tested, someone could get hurt you know. :eek:

Reply to using swa cable for spanking session in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock