Discuss Wago topjob current ratings in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello
Can anyone confirm for me what the following spec for a Wago TopJob 2202-1201 din rail connector means?
The connector can accept max 4mm solid core cable, so does this mean (see bottom row) the connector can cope with 32A? The row above says rated current is only 24A though? I’m easily confused 🫤

Thanks for any help you can give me

Ratings per IEC/EN
Ratings perIEC/EN 60947-7-1
Nominal voltage (III/3)800V
Rated impulse voltage (III/3)8kV
Rated current24A
Current at conductor cross-section (max.) mm²32A

Where did you find that rating? I can't see it immediately to get some context. The way I would read it is that the connector is rated to 24A with any cable that can itself handle 24A. But, if and only if you use 4mm², the connector rating can be increased to 32A. I surmise that the larger cable increases the clamping pressure and the heat-dissipating capability, and the solid conductor gives a more predictable contact surface, therefore guarantees higher connector performance.
Post a link so I can read around the subject to confirm. It might be worth checking with Wago technical.

Reply to Wago topjob current ratings in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock