Discuss What do you lot think to this one?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

S.I.Electrical

Hi
New to the forum, so hello everyone!
I thought you might like to see some interesting pictures I've taken yesterday of an installation on a Camp site. I'm now in the process of writing a report for the customer who is being taken to Court by the Electrician (and I use that term very loosely!) who completed the works for non-payment of the whole bill. (£1000 has been paid off the bill). Because the report is for Legal Action, can anyone assist me in the exact regulation failures each fault comes under... I am a fully qualified electrician of 20 years and have never seen such poor workmanship, There's a few reg codes I'm struggling to find in order to have the correct regulation linked to the photos, ie meter tail lengths - these are approximately 10metres long, unfused!!! also, use of connector blocks.
Anyway, enjoy the pictures, and feel free to comment.

This is a link to my photo bucket page for the pictures Electric photos Photos by Mont349 | Photobucket

What 's the story behind this? That doesn't look like a recent installation with the corrosion on the terminals and the damaged RCD etc...

I'm concerned with the condensation on the inside of that Unit, not really appropriate for the environmental conditions. I'm not too worried about connector blocks being accessible, but the entry methods to the enclosure is pathetic and not worthy of a professional.

I particularly like the low level fuse in the shower, it's handy like that so when the low level fan gets wet and it blows it's easier to replace it.

Look guys, it was getting late and I had to get home for the visit by the local council inspector... If I'd not been back in my wheelchair when he came round he'd have docked my disability benefit... Anyone else would have done the same and cut a few corners!

Seriously, was the installer just trying to see if he could break a record for most different brands of MCB on a single board?

What 's the story behind this? That doesn't look like a recent installation with the corrosion on the terminals and the damaged RCD etc...

I'm concerned with the condensation on the inside of that Unit, not really appropriate for the environmental conditions. I'm not too worried about connector blocks being accessible, but the entry methods to the enclosure is pathetic and not worthy of a professional.

Hi mate this installation was done at the beginning of last year. The Electrician was recomended to the customer at the time and was asked to upgrade the installation to meet current regulations and this is how he left it!! The customer paid £1000 and refused to pay anymore! The electrician is now taking him to court for non payment. Oh I might add the customer is a solicitor :lol: All I can say is the electrician is very brave :lol:

Look guys, it was getting late and I had to get home for the visit by the local council inspector... If I'd not been back in my wheelchair when he came round he'd have docked my disability benefit... Anyone else would have done the same and cut a few corners!

Seriously, was the installer just trying to see if he could break a record for most different brands of MCB on a single board?
:lol: it looks to me like he had a load of old mcb's in the back of his van and just rammbed them in :mad2:

Hi mate this installation was done at the beginning of last year. The Electrician was recomended to the customer at the time and was asked to upgrade the installation to meet current regulations and this is how he left it!! The customer paid £1000 and refused to pay anymore! The electrician is now taking him to court for non payment. Oh I might add the customer is a solicitor :lol: All I can say is the electrician is very brave :lol:

That's a newish installation? literally everything in the board is second hand then. I reckon he must have had about 10pints before commencing work, was that up our neck of the woods? regular occurance on parks round here to be honest, shocking.

Obviouslly not applied the zones in the bathroom either...guaranteed he wasn't a sparks, do you know if he was registered with a scam scheme? not sure what he'd use come inspection day if thats the quality of his work so he can't be...guaranteed labourer doing work on the side.

as regards the meter tails i'm not aware of any regulation that stipulates the length of them, i think its just the DNO that says they should be 3m, any longer and they require a D/P isolator. 10m probably be fine if given approval by dno and d/p isolator fitted.

(waiting for someone to crucify me)

That's a newish installation? literally everything in the board is second hand then. I reckon he must have had about 10pints before commencing work, was that up our neck of the woods? regular occurance on parks round here to be honest, shocking.

Obviouslly not applied the zones in the bathroom either...guaranteed he wasn't a sparks, do you know if he was registered with a scam scheme? not sure what he'd use come inspection day if thats the quality of his work so he can't be...guaranteed labourer doing work on the side.
Yeah it is not far from where I live. As far as I know he was ment to be a member of eca.

Unless he's subby'd it off to someone he thought was capable under his name (which if is true, means hes a moron anyway)

Can't for the life of me think that was done by anyone registered. It's pi$s poor. Whole lot wants ripping out and starting a fresh.

Hi
New to the forum, so hello everyone!
I thought you might like to see some interesting pictures I've taken yesterday of an installation on a Camp site. I'm now in the process of writing a report for the customer who is being taken to Court by the Electrician (and I use that term very loosely!) who completed the works for non-payment of the whole bill. (£1000 has been paid off the bill). Because the report is for Legal Action, can anyone assist me in the exact regulation failures each fault comes under... I am a fully qualified electrician of 20 years and have never seen such poor workmanship, There's a few reg codes I'm struggling to find in order to have the correct regulation linked to the photos, ie meter tail lengths - these are approximately 10metres long, unfused!!! also, use of connector blocks.
Anyway, enjoy the pictures, and feel free to comment.

This is a link to my photo bucket page for the pictures Electric photos Photos by Mont349 | Photobucket

There isn't a specific reg against tails >3m but the relevant ones are:

433.3.1 (iii) & 434.2.1. (i)

No reg against connector blocks as long as they are accessible - and in an enclosure 416.2.1 - enclosure should only be opened with a tool 416.2.4

I think you would be wise to have a EICR by a reputable company and on the report the C codes will be in the correct tic boxes referring to the reg numbers that the work has not met and the report can contain as many additional A4 sheets as required. Then demand the grand back and go to court to get more cash to pay a real electrical company to put in right.

Reply to What do you lot think to this one?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net