Discuss What fuel will your vehicle be using in 5 years.... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

What fuel will your vehicle be using

• Diesel

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Petrol

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Electric

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Hybrid

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
O

Octopus

OK........... I would seem that the Politicians have made up their minds that:

diesel is the fuel of the devil,

petrol isn't much better

and

electric vehicles are the future, not considering that can we charge all 20 million vehicles and how they be charged and there is no real viable way to dispose or recycle the batteries.

So looking into your crystal ball what do you think will be powering your vehicle in 5-10 years?

Always been my genie in a bottle wish, to have a time machine. Jump forward hundreds of years to see the changes.

It'll still be diesel. As of yet there aren't any mainstream manufacturers of electric or hybrid vans, in five years we may see them start to come in.

When they do the cost is more than likely to be very high which again counts me out as I'm not in the £150k pay band yet so it'll have to be a second hand van.

My current job has me travelling nationally, that really counts out and electric van so would have to be a hybrid.

Wonder how people in high rise blocks will get that lead hanging out of their window to charge their cars parked around the corner because of all the HMO's in the area. How many times are people going to unlock their cars in the morning to find its been unplugged and the neighbour has decided to charge their car with it instead.
Its all Bollx

A warp 2 Dy lithium Crystal drive with an optional cloaking device, to avoid any tachion sweeps by the Federation warp Police. Oh and adaptive armouring to avoid ultra expensive trips to the nearest star base for body modifications.

Reply to What fuel will your vehicle be using in 5 years.... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net