Discuss what kind of cable? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sivoodoo

I came across what apears to be a 6mm T&E cable for a cooker circuit, the conductors are all stranded including the earth and are silver coloured not copper? (the outer shath is white not grey)

Client thinks it was put in in 1980 ish, though not 100%

Could anybody explain what kind of cable please.

:confused::confused::confused:

I came across what apears to be a 6mm T&E cable for a cooker circuit, the conductors are all stranded including the earth and are silver coloured not copper? (the outer shath is white not grey)

Client thinks it was put in in 1980 ish, though not 100%

Could anybody explain what kind of cable please.

:confused::confused::confused:

There was a Worldwide copper shortage years ago. During this period Aluminium was used for a while to produce twin & earth but it was crap and production in this country soon fizzled out. It's most likely to be tinned copper as mentioned above !!!!

Reply to what kind of cable? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Getting desperate to clear my small garage, and I have a bit of old red/black T&E. I used a few bits to add a socket or two in my flat and a...
Replies
Views
I have been carrying out an EICR on a property and have come across this black tarry substance on 2 of the cables. I have seen the pitch oozing...
Replies
Views
A family member who used to sea fishing came across this cable, I would like to identify what type of cable is this and how to use it safely...
Replies
Views
Under my floorboards I have a short section of twin and earth which is unsheathed. The outer grey coating has been stripped over a 10 cm length...
Replies
Views
I'm doing another EICR, I still don't like doing them, and still seem to attract the weird/unusual/uncommon stuff. This time I'm faced with...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock