Discuss What Mistakes Have You Done? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Ok so why did it take the on site sparky 45 mins, after ripping the board to bits, to reset it?

I still don't know because I was too embarrassed to ask him lol. Funny, just funny.
you should have had the front to go and ask him then Paul....as i would have gone and asked him.....maybe he was going for gold on it....

haha love these!

as an apprentice, one of my colleagues finished his pyro cubicle job miles before anyone else? but no compound in pots!

i drilled into cavity wall for shower cable, then saw neighbour through glass of ffony door, leaning over wall and knocking on the door - turns out it wasn't a cavity after all!

ha ha brilliant

Same joiner told me a story that I was in tears at laughing...They had just done an extension and fitted a new bathroom suite but the waste pipe wasnt connected, so word was spread not to use the toilet and a sign put up too, joiner and builders leave for the day and theres only 2 people left on site...Next day my mate turns up first to find poo splatered all down the back of the new extension, someone had only used the toilet, site managers going mad becuase of the stains left in the dry toilet and the stains all down the back of the house...but neither of the lads wouldnt own up to it...so good morning for him having to jet wash it all off...classic...

Reminds me of the new loo on a site that WAS connected Ok - just that there was no bog roll. Up goes the youngster, does the works - "S***e no paper" -"Oh whats this yellow fluffy stuff? - that'll do nicely" says youngster

Moral:

Never ever use fibre glass insulation to wipe your a**e

Will

Reminds me of the new loo on a site that WAS connected Ok - just that there was no bog roll. Up goes the youngster, does the works - "S***e no paper" -"Oh whats this yellow fluffy stuff? - that'll do nicely" says youngster

Moral:

Never ever use fibre glass insulation to wipe your a**e

Will
yep...should`v chosen a fistful of that shredded stuff they use as insulation instead....

the bricks in the pic are called "pots" they are used extensively around the world, europe to thailand
normally only one skin-no cavity
to sink a box into them u need to use a small disk cutter

First day on a new site, 40+ men all on the same floor getting in each others way.

Plasterer gets a full bucket of pva and puts it on the top of his step ladders. He drops his brush, bends down to pick it up and his left arse cheek nudges the steps and the full gallon bucket of pva ends up all over him. I tried sooooo hard not to laugh out loud but I couldn't help it, thank god he saw the funny side of it.

Went to connect a breaker on a board that was live,put it in wrong way round and the clip shorted all 3 phases ended up frying the main isolator and taking out a 500a fuse in the sub.1ST degree burns to one hand and arm no eyebrows and a suntanned face,worst thing was I was going on holiday that afternoon.

Best ones have got to be cutting a 6" chunk out of a gas pipe completely no way of knowing it was there. Mass panic trying to find gas meter.

Cut a 6" hole for a kitchen fan pull the drill out with the core of brick and out comes millions and millions of those little polystyrene balls that they stuff bean bags being used as wall insulation. Filled the whole kitchen up to my knees. The labourers hates me for weeks after lol

we did the same mnr, but at a lifeboat 3 story building at warsash, we made a hole in the brick wall on the ground floor for an armoured supply to go through on a friday
there was beaded cavity insu inside but only a bit came out

over the weekend there was a storm
we came back on monday morning to find MASSES of polystyrene beads everywhere, even on the beach and in the sea
it took ages to bag it all up

I gave he labourers my Henery and bought them a beer at the end of the day lol

Driving in traffic when I spotted a mate of mine up a ladder, painting the window frames of a building with his kex badly split. Honked him and started taking the p*** and laughing with my work mate. Got a fist shake and thought that was the last of it. Traffic comes to a halt about 50 yards down the road. All of a sudden, the sod appears from nowhere, white superglossed my windscreen and shot off laughing.

I had to fit a small storage heater in a flat to a plasterboard wall was in and out fitted, wired and tested in less than an hour.
got a call from the builder later that day to say he wanted to go home and could not shut the front door.
the plasterboard wall separated the hall and the front door was left open against the wall, I did not realise the wall was only 2 inches thick so me using 3 inch screws and getting lucky finding the studs to fix to meant i had screwed the heater to the front door through the wall.
took a while to live that one down.

Fixed a coolant pump on a lathe, needed, fuses, new contactor/overload, new cable and re-wound the motor, basically everything was fubbared. About a month later the lathe operator called me over when i was doing another job and said that coolant pump you fixed has stopped working. Thought oh sod it , so went over and sure enough just a dribble coming out, thought it might be down a phase so checked it very quickly and thought this is odd. So for some reason i disconnected the outlet pipe and asked the operator to start and quickly stop the pump whilst i was holding the pipe. Well a colomn of cutting oil flew up 10ft in the air and landed directly on my head, drenching me, big time. Operator had to stop work as his stomach was hurting and i disappeared off to the toilets to get cleaned up. Big laughs all round, the friggin pipe was blocked, unblocked it and all was good.
Phew - that stuff really stank. :-(

Probably being talked out of becoming a doctor, I zoomed head first into the Motor Trade instead, and I can't help but wonder how different my life would have been had I stood my ground. I think I would have emigrated when most of my family did and had a career and family abroad. :thinking:

Reply to What Mistakes Have You Done? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock