Discuss What's the going rate? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Ross1

-
Reaction score
Hi guys, I've moved down from London to South Wales a couple of years and have been on my own since then. Things are going well and I'm struggling to cope with the amount of work coming in. I don't want to turn anything down so I need to get some help. I need totake somebody on who knows what they are doing but don't want a fully qualified sparks, probably a semi skilled.

My question is how much would I expect to pay per hour for a semi skilled sparky in the south Wales area for domestic installs and rewires?

Cheers

im one kinda and wouuld want a tenner minimum, own car, own tools own insurance , own test gear, and thats just to live, so you probably need one who lives with mummy

im one kinda and wouuld want a tenner minimum, own car, own tools own insurance , own test gear, and thats just to live, so you probably need one who lives with mummy

Well I can afford £11 to £12p/h.

The question now is how to find the right person cause I never been in this position before, while making sure they will maintain my company's standards an image. Gonna be tough!

both lenny ( super mod.) and des56 are in south wales. they might have a better idea or even know someone looking for work. trher eare a few threads on here by blokes looking for work. not sure if any are in s. wales though. have a trawl through.

both lenny ( super mod.) and des56 are in south wales. they might have a better idea or even know someone looking for work. trher eare a few threads on here by blokes looking for work. not sure if any are in s. wales though. have a trawl through.

Well if anybody in S Wales (Swansea) has got transport and thinks they are the right person after reading this thread then please inbox me!

Cheers

Hi guys, I've moved down from London to South Wales a couple of years and have been on my own since then. Things are going well and I'm struggling to cope with the amount of work coming in. I don't want to turn anything down so I need to get some help. I need totake somebody on who knows what they are doing but don't want a fully qualified sparks, probably a semi skilled.

My question is how much would I expect to pay per hour for a semi skilled sparky in the south Wales area for domestic installs and rewires?

Cheers

why dont you want a qualified spark,but you want someone who knows what there doing

Christ you must be good to be getting work in Swansea area,I had boys quoting me £45 for a full PIR!!!
good on you for offering the job out at very good rates as to respond to a post above its very hard to get near JIB rates in Swansea,even worse in my field of industrial control,some companies wanted to pay me £20000 a year back home for sole maintenance in a factory unit and I was told these were "good rates".
yeah they were,when I was a 4th year apprentice back in 1999!!!!

why dont you want a qualified spark,but you want someone who knows what there doing

When I mean "some one who knows what they are doing" I mean things like experience in chasing, fitting boxes level, basic 2nd fix etc so in other words I can leave them alone to do a good job.

I'm going thru a period of growth so trying to keep labour cost down.

Ive also got a new apprentice but need some one with on site experience.

When I mean "some one who knows what they are doing" I mean things like experience in chasing, fitting boxes level, basic 2nd fix etc so in other words I can leave them alone to do a good job.

I'm going thru a period of growth so trying to keep labour cost down.

Ive also got a new apprentice but need some one with on site experience.

so you want experience,someone who can work alone knows what their doing,but you dont want a qualified spark..ahh the money shot.. trying to keep labour costs down...makes sence now.charge full fat employ diet.

Christ you must be good to be getting work in Swansea area,I had boys quoting me £45 for a full PIR!!!
good on you for offering the job out at very good rates as to respond to a post above its very hard to get near JIB rates in Swansea,even worse in my field of industrial control,some companies wanted to pay me £20000 a year back home for sole maintenance in a factory unit and I was told these were "good rates".
yeah they were,when I was a 4th year apprentice back in 1999!!!!

I would not do a EICR for anything less than £130 unless it's a flat or very small house.0

so you want experience,someone who can work alone knows what their doing,but you dont want a qualified spark..ahh the money shot.. trying to keep labour costs down...makes sence now.charge full fat employ diet.

You are misunderstanding me alarm man. You don't have to be qualified to chase walls or fit some sockets. I need an extra pair of hands, I don't wanna be wasting my time chasing when I can be doing consumer units, testing quoting an all that.

Last edited:

Reply to What's the going rate? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock