Discuss When is the least busiest time of year in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Aye, an' wiz that the same Dana as had a hit wi' "All kinds o' everythin'?"
No, put that though right out of your mind. That Dana was a decent innocent lass, not like the Dana I was referring to. She was a one woman sex education lesson was Dana, bless her. Anyway how the hell did we get round to this??

Ah dinnae ken...wiz askin' the same question!
(Erm..ye wouldnae huv yon Dana's telephone number, I suppose?)

Ah dinnae ken...wiz askin' the same question!
(Erm..ye wouldnae huv yon Dana's telephone number, I suppose?)
Well, this was 45 years ago, and our Dana had a "full" figure then. She will have quite a few miles on the clock now, but I could do a bit more poking around if you are really interested, but I don't think we are going to allow sex tourists in come 2019.

Ach, thinking aboot it again...maybe ah'm too old fur "pokin'aboot"...
unless it's tae find ma Stanley knife in ma toolbag...

Last week of December and first week of January I find is quiet, the rest of the year is fine. However, like Murdoch said, if the business has only been going 6 months you will definitely get quiet periods as you haven't built up a base yet. I experimented with different forms of advertising/rated people etc for the first year.

I've just had one of the busiest months so far and I have stuck to my guns and not booked any work in for the next 2 weeks, so I may actually get to relax! I find I had way more holiday time when I was employed, but... being self employed is far more fulfilling.

....know that feeling... started a 12k rewire yesterday and the builder informed me today that the plasterer is starting Monday :confused:
tell him to get the plasterer to re-arrange or the house can have whatever circuits are in by monday and thats final.

sod taking instructions from a man who piles bricks for a living

Crazy isn't it Lee ! It always seems to be our trade that gets the stress and aggravation due to lack of planning by others !
Are you going to have all your team on it now going like mad or did you just tell the builder don't be so stupid ? :)
tell him to get the plasterer to re-arrange or the house can have whatever circuits are in by monday and thats final.

sod taking instructions from a man who piles bricks for a living
unfortuantly mate, the man who piles bricks for a living has a lot of work.....I have 36 houses across 3 sites coming off him. The first 9 start in a few months. This rewire is for his uncle. I normally get around 75K-125k worth of work out of him a year.

unfortuantly mate, the man who piles bricks for a living has a lot of work.....I have 36 houses across 3 sites coming off him. The first 9 start in a few months. This rewire is for his uncle. I normally get around 75K-125k worth of work out of him a year.
on one job i had a plasterer going in and patching up and plastering over my access channels through a house, even wrote next to the holes "do not patch", come back next day to begin wiring and have to rip out all the patches again, then when im doing the extension, same story, i cut out my boxes for first fix and the idiot has pushed my cables in behind the wall and filled some of the box cutouts (didnt have fast fix boxes in the van, boss was stingey on stock being kept in van)

the joiners are just as bad, youll just be getting started wiring and theyll be asking if they can put up their plasterboard, doesnt bother me if theyre standing around they should use their brains and plan ahead, ive stopped being so nice to other trades, before i would have rushed myself silly to get it done to please them, when people ask stupid questions/requests (joiners, builders, plumbers) im less inclined to go out of my way.

i dont stand around waiting for the joiners to fit their plasterboard, i go to another job till its ready, or if i was self employed id go home and come back when its ready

Reply to When is the least busiest time of year in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock